Day 8

cassidain

Senior Insider
IMG_1491.jpeg

Up again (fourth time !) with the sun and roosters to go in search of langoustes.
Encore une fois, pas de joie.
IMG_1489.jpeg

So, back to Vitet, but en route stopping at ER to Go (first time) where we grabbed un rouleau aux noisettes and une quiche au saumon et épinards. Tous les deux bons :)

We still have that bottle of beautiful Meursault in frigo and leaving Sunday midi, with restaurant bookings for tonight and Saturday lunch and dinner. Que faire ? Well, walking back from St-Jean yesterday and passing thru Lorient, the Lorient Lobsterman was in the yard repairing his casiers. I asked about lobsters this morning and he said, non, mais Samedi oui. So, plan is to snag une langouste tomorrow morning, bring it back to villa and grill it, then chill it and make lobster omelette brunch with Meursault before our Sunday Tradewind flight. Voilà.
À suivre…

View attachment 67769
Up again (fourth time !) with the sun and roosters to go in search of langoustes.
Encore une fois, pas de joie.
View attachment 67770
So, back to Vitet, but en route stopping at ER to Go (first time) where we grabbed un rouleau aux noisettes and une quiche au saumon et épinards. Tous les deux bons :)

We still have that bottle of beautiful Meursault in frigo and leaving Sunday midi, with restaurant bookings for tonight and Saturday lunch and dinner. Que faire ? Well, walking back from St-Jean yesterday and passing thru Lorient, the Lorient Lobsterman was in the yard repairing his casiers. I asked about lobsters this morning and he said, non, mais Samedi oui. So, plan is to snag une langouste tomorrow morning, bring it back to villa and grill it, then chill it and make lobster omelette brunch with Meursault before our Sunday Tradewind flight. Voilà.
À suivre…
Go for it, Hank!

I know now why we can’t find langouste. Jean-Baptiste is buying it all for his gnocchi dish !

Channeled Mr Dennis and used ER valet for Zion reservation with a pre dinner detour for cocktails at the Rémy Bar. Very civilized way to deal with St-Jean parking.
IMG_5698.jpeg

Cucumber Martinis

Moseyed down to Zion for our first dinner there. Again, Mr. Dennis’ influence. We had their three course 75€ menu.
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Tartare de bœuf au couteau.

IMG_5703.jpeg

Gnocchi with langouste. Lots of langouste.

IMG_5704.jpeg

Œil de bœuf grillé with lentils

IMG_5708.jpeg

Baba au rhum

Thought we’d end up back at ER for a Calvados nightcap but just ran out of steam.

Zion very nice indeed. Cuisine and service. J-B is a serious chef who merits his accolades.

I know now why we can’t find langouste. Jean-Baptiste is buying it all for his gnocchi dish !

Channeled Mr Dennis and used ER valet for Zion reservation with a pre dinner detour for cocktails at the Rémy Bar. Very civilized way to deal with St-Jean parking.
View attachment 67779
Cucumber Martinis

Moseyed down to Zion for our first dinner there. Again, Mr. Dennis’ influence. We had their three course 75€ menu.
View attachment 67780
Tartare de bœuf au couteau.

View attachment 67781
Gnocchi with langouste. Lots of langouste.

View attachment 67782
Œil de bœuf grillé with lentils

View attachment 67783
Baba au rhum

Thought we’d end up back at ER for a Calvados nightcap but just ran out of steam.

Zion very nice indeed. Cuisine and service. J-B is a serious chef who merits his accolades.
So happy to read that Zion didn’t disappoint the “build-up!” I love Jean Baptiste’s version of steak tartare . . . and the rhum baba exceeds classic expectations! Sounds like a successful evening!

So happy to read that Zion didn’t disappoint the “build-up!” I love Jean Baptiste’s version of steak tartare . . . and the rhum baba exceeds classic expectations! Sounds like a successful evening!
Definitely did not disappoint. Reviews I had read referring to « experimental » food or « leaving hungry » seem unfounded based on our experience. J-B’s cuisine seems inventive but well-grounded in known territory and refined. Our servings were very generous.
A keeper for sure. :)