Bagatelle's wine pairing dinner

primo

SBH Insider
After a little " fashion show foreplay" We went to bagatelle for their advertised wine paring dinner ( A pri fix menu )
JC from la plage is now there and he told us we should give it a try . After giving him Amy's famous straw hat photo of him
He sat us in a great booth so we could sit side by side ( good for me!)
lia our waitress then asked us if we were there for the wine pairing dinner . We were told they we were supposed to mention this upon making the reservation ? Opps !
not a problem because the ala carte menu looked good to us
we had the roasted chicken for two with the foie gras sliders ( some say foie has the same effect as oysters ! Not needed after the fashion show)
Great food great service Lindap felt like a rock star with many locals saying hello to her!
the manager came over when we were finished with the entrees and apologized for the misunderstanding with the menus . We told him that the advertisement did not mention that the ala carte menu was available .
We also told him that maybe some potential patrons stay away on Tuesdays if they are not looking for a wine pairing meal . He thanked us for our insight and gave us a desert on the house

Sorry not more insight on the details of the culinary masterpieces we ate but we had fun ! View attachment 37075

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 374
After a little " fashion show foreplay" We went to bagatelle for their advertised wine paring dinner ( A pri fix menu )
JC from la plage is now there and he told us we should give it a try . After giving him Amy's famous straw hat photo of him
He sat us in a great booth so we could sit side by side ( good for me!)
lia our waitress then asked us if we were there for the wine pairing dinner . We were told they we were supposed to mention this upon making the reservation ? Opps !
not a problem because the ala carte menu looked good to us
we had the roasted chicken for two with the foie gras sliders ( some say foie has the same effect as oysters ! Not needed after the fashion show)
Great food great service Lindap felt like a rock star with many locals saying hello to her!
the manager came over when we were finished with the entrees and apologized for the misunderstanding with the menus . We told him that the advertisement did not mention that the ala carte menu was available .
We also told him that maybe some potential patrons stay away on Tuesdays if they are not looking for a wine pairing meal . He thanked us for our insight and gave us a desert on the house of Rotwein

Sorry not more insight on the details of the culinary masterpieces we ate but we had fun ! View attachment 37075
I tried a new beef stew recipe last night that called for two cups of dry red wine. Not being a wine drinker, I asked one of the neighbors what I should use. She said since I'm cooking with it, just buy the cheapest wine you can find. I'm not sure that was the best advice.

I chose a Merlot that was on sale for $3.49. Overall I thought it turned out pretty good, but it did have a mild vinegar taste to it. I think a better quality wine or maybe a different style would be more flavorful.
So what would you recommend for an inexpensive red wine to use next time?

DD swears that you should not cook with any wine you would not want to drink. I can’t argue as he is a great chef, but I caught him cooking with “certain“ wines that were way over the top; he protested it was only just a cup..🙄🙄..(Well, he doesn’t ask for jewelry or designer purses, so I guess it’s his “happiness” )🤪😂..and I guess one way or the other, you are consuming it..😋