AA Flight Changes

Jim Kelly-Evans

Senior Insider
Last week we were delayed 7 hours on a flight from PHL to FTL on American. "Mechanical issues" with the aircraft was the given explanation. AA also changed both our SBH going and coming flights into SJU so much so that we are forced to fly to SJU a day early so as not to miss our Tradewinds connection. AA sure is making it tough on some of their loyal customers!

Last week we were delayed 7 hours on a flight from PHL to FTL on American. "Mechanical issues" with the aircraft was the given explanation. AA also changed both our SBH going and coming flights into SJU so much so that we are forced to fly to SJU a day early so as not to miss our Tradewinds connection. AA sure is making it tough on some of their loyal customers!
On our trip to SBH last December, we regrettably flew AA through MIA (never again) and we were subject to an overnight in MIA when before, we had very well timed flights. I can't say Delta hasn't done the same but we usually fly them and have never been stuck with Delta where we had to stay overnight. I am so sorry AA did this to you but unfortunately, it is not totally uncommon. Wishing you the best and Tradewind is a real treat!

Know your airport codes...FTL is in Alaska, FLL is in Florida...

My sister in law flew from PHL recently to LIH via PHX only to be diverted to LAX for refuel due to headwinds, weight of luggage & people on her AA flight so arrived 3 hrs late to Kauai. Still had a great time after safe arrival.

I check my American app every day to check on our flights in April. They frequently make schedule changes. Last month they did a 5 hour change which required us changing Tradewind. And they are not very good at emailing us about the changes.

Flying Delta from LGA to FTL on Thursday. Looking forward to a smooth flight.
Heard there is a new Capital One Club there that you can use your Priority Pass card to get in at LGA. You don’t need a Capital One card to get in.

So sorry JKE! We always fly American to SBH.…and always expect changes. Our last three trips have been nightmares, and ended up buying southwest tix 😩 just to get home from SJU last trip, and FLL the trip before after re-routing us to three other cities in Florida over two days. We’re done with them. The Florida debacle was due to mechanical, weather, and long lines at MIA at 3am

Airline flight changes are a mystery. I have an upcoming DL flight with a connection in ATL. My first flight was changed to an earlier time. My connecting flight still exists, but DL moved me to a flight 2 hours later. SMH. I changed back to the original connecting flight, and now have an e-credit due to a fare reduction.

Just noticed today that our AA changed our flight time and reduced our layover in MIA by 45 minutes Interestingly, just a few days before, we received an email from AA advising to allow extra time at MIA. 🤬