sbh2015 - day 11 // grand cul-de-sac, wind, cactus

didierb

Senior Insider
What for a day again!
Starting with some showers, so first we were heading to MarchéU (umh, last shopping there, we are leaving on Friday, gggrrrrr).

As the wind was so strong today and to avoid the "special skin treatment with sand", we've done again the stroll from Grand Cul-de-Sac to Petit Cul-de-Sac. Never been confronted with such a wind there, impressive. Kind of giant hot hairdryer :) Very rough sea again, big waves crashing on the volcanic cliff. What for a contrast between the calm protected bay and the open ocean!

The path coming from GCdS

Chequered volcanic stones

Powerful waves crashing on the cliff

Waves!

A break in the wind

The path continues till Petit Cul-de-Sac

Back to GCdS with some great cactus

Limit between open ocean and the protected bay

Impressive transparency and colors

We've stayed at one of the little beaches of Grand Cul-de-Sac, as they are very well sheltered from the wind. Very nice place, calm (you see almost nobody), fantastic colorful views on the Bay. A wow again...

View on the Guanahani

Our beach today

Dinner at the Sand Bar from Eden Rock, "right on the water's edge".

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photos and family trip with us! I have enjoyed and look forward to your posts each day :) Best wishes to you!

Didier,

Your dinner at Sand Bar, a new option this year, may be SBHOnline's first. Any comments which you may have on your experience would be appreciated.

thanks for your comments
Dinner at Sand Bar: will do it this afternoon in the Resto section. It was a nice experience :)

Didier -
Thanks so much for posting your amazing photos! I haven't posted much in your threads, but trust me, I've looked and every single shot......most of them in their full size glory! Sad that your trip is coming to an end, but thanks for bringing us along!

Didier -
Thanks so much for posting your amazing photos! I haven't posted much in your threads, but trust me, I've looked and every single shot......most of them in their full size glory! Sad that your trip is coming to an end, but thanks for bringing us along!

Thanks ;-) Also looking daily at your mega-thread. Really cool!

JEK and I did that same walk, spectacular landscape, but we couldn't make it all the way to PcdSac.

These cactus are over the cliff between GCdS and PCds.
Tim: you're right, you have to pass through a private villa. We've met the owner by luck last week who was walking there with her dog and she very gently allowed us to walk through...