NIKKI BEACH SUNDAY LUNCH

Reed

Senior Insider
SO……….In celebration of my visiting chef getting engaged on Saturday at the Washing Machine hike, we wanted to treat him and his fiancé to a fun lunch. Nikki Beach Sunday lunch avec Gladiator theme seemed like the place to go. We go to this resto maybe 2-3 times a season usually when we have newbies visiting who we think would enjoy the carry on that ensues while at this beachfront dinning locale. We normally get fed OK and the service is OK but the laughs and people watching are worth the price of admission. This Sunday a table was made available to us at the last minute. The place was fully booked including a prive party for 50 to the left of the entrance. I mentioned that we were celebrating an engagement so congratulations were offered to the beaming couple. I know the manager Jerome from his IDF days and our waiter knows me to see me around. We had the best service I have ever experienced there and probably the best service I have had this year of any resto. You would not expect this here with a packed house of bikini clad speedo sporting revelers. Water, wine and bread service and initial orders taken professionally and at the correct pace. We ordered a charcuterie plate plus 2 tempura sushi rolls and 2 lobster rolls to start. A delicious truffle cheese was served with the charcuterie which when gone, I asked for more. Delivered shortly with a fresh basket of bread at no addition to the bill. We enjoyed the starters over 2 bottles of rose. The place was gearing up. My chef and his fiancé had their jaws on the ground in awe of the show before them. The smiles on their faces throughout the afternoon made us happy to sharing in the craziness which included the usual sax player getting up on the tables as well as a hugely talented magician. Always hard to tell who is in the fashion show and who isn't which is part of the fun. Mini burger X 2 ordered, gazpacho and a tuna nicoise salad and MORE wine. Our waiter was being very generous with the sex on the beach refills as well. When we got the bill, Kona and I were happily amazed that it wasn't 200 Euro more. 4 hours of entertainment plus great service and pretty good food = 440 Euro tab for 4. I see where people have been paying 250 euro per couple for lousy service and food.

I have a feeling that the stars were aligned for this celebratory day. Our guests had a blast and could not believe the level of service we were getting with everything else going on. A generous tip was given and kind words were spoken to our waiter. I then sought out Jerome to compliment he and his staff for the attention to detail we received. This place is surely not everyones cup of tea but it was the right choice for this special occasion. KR

Reed

Thanks for the excellent writeup. You sure did capture the good food and fun that takes place at Nikki's on Sunday. Libby and I had a blast on two Sundays during our stay in Feb. Sure does beat having lunch in your villa.
Thanks

Wonderful description! And it's great to read of good food and service and experience on such a happy occasion. Thanks for taking the time to write about it.

We always have a blast when we do Nikki Beach Sundays. In fact, we have to take a connecting flight from Toronto so that we arrive on a Saturday - Westjet only flies Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays so if we traveled direct on a Sunday, Rob wouldn't get his required Nikki Beach fix. This past November we met some fabulous people at the next table - turns out they live 20 minutes away from us! We are getting together for dinner later this month.

Sounds like you all had a fabulous time Kimberly! We've always been treated very well there. And their beef tartare is out of this world!

great review Kimberly! looks like you guys had a blast, now isn't that what vacations and being with friends is all about.

Great to hear! We love Sunday's at Nikki Beach and that sax player really gets everyone going! We'll be there in April and can't wait! Were you able to stay as long as you wanted at your table? When we were there last year, we had the noon seating and had to leave for the second seating at 3:00. I was disappointed (but certainly understood), because we were having such a great time. Probably a good thing, considering I probably would have felt much worse the next day. :)

Good to hear the service, food and drink continues to exceed expectations.

Loved this review.. question: is the scene too much for kids? Mine are well adjusted and i think would enjoy , but i am wondering if it is more than "PG-13" ??

I think it's fine for kids based on my limited sample size of 2 Sunday visits. Other than people in bathing suits, the behavior is not much different than you'll see at a wedding reception.

Of course there might be some topless swimming going on, but that's no different than any other beach.

Great to hear! We love Sunday's at Nikki Beach and that sax player really gets everyone going! We'll be there in April and can't wait! Were you able to stay as long as you wanted at your table? When we were there last year, we had the noon seating and had to leave for the second seating at 3:00. I was disappointed (but certainly understood), because we were having such a great time. Probably a good thing, considering I probably would have felt much worse the next day. :)

Good to hear the service, food and drink continues to exceed expectations.

We did not have to leave out table. I think we arrived At 1:30 ish after being told they were fully booked earlier in the day. A table became available. I was told by management that since the holidays every Sunday has been "fully booked" FWIW. kr

We have taken our kids there many times. When they were small and wouldn't hesitate now that they are teens. It is great fun for all ages and there are often multiple groups with children in the mix. I am looking forward to at least 2 visits in June. With the Euro down and a rare 2 weeks on island, we will be there. Our kids wouldn't miss it!

We don't know how the servers and staff at Nikki do it superbly time after time amidst all of the 'hullabaloo' that goes on around them. With people dancing, singing, drinking, singing and lots of noise, the food is fresh, tasty and is served quickly and efficiently. The teamwork is to be commended! How they keep track of all of the bills and who drinks what is beyond us. And there never seems to be unhappy or grouchy inebriated customers.