Slingbox

Slingbox hooked up and functioning well. I can watch anything on my laptop, including recorded shows, that I can get from Comcast. I've finally figured out how to use the cyber remote control. One question remains. Other than using an HDMI cable between my laptop and a host television, how does one transfer the signal? Is there a way to accomplish this wireless?

I spoke incorrectly. Once in St. Barth with the signal from Comcast on my laptop, how do I transfer it to the television at La Balein, or do I have to watch it only on my laptop?

Laptop or if Rosita has an AppleTV you can use AirPlay. Chromecast may work too.

I'll probably have to stick to my trusty HDMI cable.

Snowing up your way? We've got about a half inch of snow on top of the freezing rain we've been getting all afternoon.

More than a bit image.jpg

Tim I'm not sure if you know this but if you have Comcast/xfinity you can get almost all the channels online with xfinity to go I get over 60 channels and can watch my home TV anywhere there is wifi...The only channels I don't get are local 2-4-5-7-9-11 other than that I get everything and its free with triple play...Plus all the shows on local channels you can watch the next day I believe ...Good luck with slingbox it sounds very cool

Slingbox hooked up and functioning well. I can watch anything on my laptop, including recorded shows, that I can get from Comcast. I've finally figured out how to use the cyber remote control. One question remains. Other than using an HDMI cable between my laptop and a host television, how does one transfer the signal? Is there a way to accomplish this wireless?

Peter, I have the same. I suspect that what Tim has run into is the international aspect of Comcast/Xfinity. What you and I can do in the US is not what can be done internationally. Some use a VPN to circumvent the restrictions. Some use a Slingbox.

Peter, I have the same. I suspect that what Tim has run into is the international aspect of Comcast/Xfinity. What you and I can do in the US is not what can be done internationally. Some use a VPN to circumvent the restrictions. Some use a Slingbox.

See "Hola" above...

For us the great part about Slingbox is bring able to watch local channels when traveling. Nice to see what is going on with weather and favorite broadcast shows as well as using the DVR from the road.

John I can get my local TV channels without slingbox. I watch my local news every morning when on the island.

You can't control and watch your DVR can you? Or watch your Premiums? Total package is important. No VPN required.