February 28, 2015, Dinner at L'Esprit

phil62

Senior Insider
We were welcomed with a refreshing amuse of chilled watermelon gazpacho topped with smoked mahi mahi rolled in sesame seeds.

I had the amazing sauteed foie gras with chopped lichees and ****ake mushrooms and an incredibly delicious asparagus stalk

Phil had the terrine of foie gras with toast points. The foie gras was seasoned with coacoa and passion fruit.
The last starter is cockles in broth topped with a crisp of foie gras

1-2015-02-28.jpg

A perfectly tender and delicious black Angus filet of beef accompanied by mashed potatoes cream and Parmesan cheese and snow peas.
2-P1030372.jpg

The giant prawns were prepared a la plancha and came with a peeled tomato atop zucchini
3-P1030373.jpg

Jean Claude's signature dish-the roasted pigeon did not disappoint
4-P1030377.jpg

I indulged in the fantastic crisp sweet breads that were accompanied by chopped artichokes and ****ake mushrooms
5-P1030378.jpg

Our waitstaff headed up by Christophe was attentive and helpful. Sheldon and Tatiana totally enjoyed their last meal before heading home Sunday. (A perfect French dinner to remember fondly in the chill of the Northeast).

This is hilarious. I just went back in and spelled ****ake and it changed it. I didn't know JB was so sensitive.

Phil

A great dish at L'Esprit..

Manu also does a great pigeon at Santa Fe. Different from each other, and both winners.

Mmmm. Mmmm. Mmmmm! That JCD sure knows how to get a girl purring! What a great send-off for T&S. Excellent photos, Amy!