Honeymoon Hotel - Christopher, Guanihani, or Emeraude Plage, or Other?

Although we usually rent villas, we have opted to stay at Emeraude Plage a couple of times, for shorter visits. The last time was Thanksgiving, I think two years ago. We love the hotel. The people who run it and work there are great. We love being able to walk to so many restaurants and shops, with our feet in the sand and our sandals in hand. The absence of a pool concerned me the first time but having the beautiful waters of St. Jean at our doorstep (literally) put that worry to rest. The little "tikkii" bar is open for breakfast and they do a great job... you can order drinks all day. The interiors are contemporary and sleek and the rooms in general just very, very comfortable. One of my favorite touches about the hotel is the fabulous lending library that they have in the lobby. I have both borrowed and donated! Depending on the Honeymooners time of year that they are planning to visit, it can be a reasonable place to stay, price wise (compared to Guanahani). We have typically stayed at EP over Thanksgiving and the prices were palatable off season.

Good luck to them! We spent our honeymoon there in 1993, and next week are going on our 16th trip!

The Christopher for sure. Completely renovated. Gorgeous contemporary rooms. Beautiful pool. Lovely staff. Excellent spa.

And there are always excellent deals/packages on LuxuryLink, often with food, drink, spa and car credits, which, if you call the hotel, they will extend directly.

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Le Village for our honeymoon....I would definitely recommend it, especially if budget is a factor. It is nothing fancy, but if they at least get a terrace cottage, I think they would be very happy - huge terrace, kitchenette - located in perfect spot. The Terrace cottages are nice and private as well - and the views are beautiful. We were grateful to have chosen it, as we had money to blow on fun restaurants and all that St. Barths has to offer - but still chose to spend quite a bit of time at the hotel. We actually chose to stay there the next two years as well. This year though, we finally got our hands on Villa le Perchoir!!! :)))