villa case et cuisine question

I have visited the villa and you won't be disappointed! It is a beautiful villa that is well-appointed and you can see Marigot Bay. Great pool, bedrooms, and everything that you see on the website is true. Dennis, the owner, is very gracious. I would not hesitate to rent this villa.

I happen to think that it's quite wonderful . . . of course, some would say that I'm biased!

My current dilemma with respect to Villa CEC is what time to spend there next year, when I will be more-or-less fully retired. I am confident that I would be very comfortable on SBH for long periods (a luxury that I haven't had in 36 years of returning to the island). Whether my wonderful spouse, on the other hand, will want to spend as much time there as I would choose . . . is a continuing topic of discussion. In addition, we have a number of Villa guests who return annually, and a big part of the pleasure I find in SBH is sharing it with others -- the Villa included. So, wanting to see regular guests continue to be part of the "family" that has developed with warm feelings for the Villa, I'm also checking the calendar to find weeks where I can plan to wake-up there, knowing that I only have to worry about finding parking when I go to la Petite Colombe for croissants.

I appreciate your interest and inquiry, Camelot . . . and it's fun to be able to tell you that it's a much loved, personal space (as so many villas on St. Barths are).

I happen to think that it's quite wonderful . . . of course, some would say that I'm biased!

My current dilemma with respect to Villa CEC is what time to spend there next year, when I will be more-or-less fully retired. I am confident that I would be very comfortable on SBH for long periods (a luxury that I haven't had in 36 years of returning to the island). Whether my wonderful spouse, on the other hand, will want to spend as much time there as I would choose . . . is a continuing topic of discussion. In addition, we have a number of Villa guests who return annually, and a big part of the pleasure I find in SBH is sharing it with others -- the Villa included. So, wanting to see regular guests continue to be part of the "family" that has developed with warm feelings for the Villa, I'm also checking the calendar to find weeks where I can plan to wake-up there, knowing that I only have to worry about finding parking when I go to la Petite Colombe for croissants.

I appreciate your interest and inquiry, Camelot . . . and it's fun to be able to tell you that it's a much loved, personal space (as so many villas on St. Barths are).

can't believe you are really going to do it, all the very best

Nice to know that I'll have a toes-in-the-sand lunch partner more often than not next year! :very_drunk:

The Villa still will be available for rent . . . though "the owner" expects to use more of the available weeks! And you're right, Andy . . . I am too young (in my mind) to retire, but doing so will give me more time to play with friends on SBH. (Maybe I'll find work at La Gloriette -- I could be the person who serves Vanilla Rhum at lunch!)

Dennis, that would be the perfect next gig for you! We thought of you last week when we had a wonderful lunch in the sand and under the palms.

The Villa still will be available for rent . . . though "the owner" expects to use more of the available weeks! And you're right, Andy . . . I am too young (in my mind) to retire, but doing so will give me more time to play with friends on SBH. (Maybe I'll find work at La Gloriette -- I could be the person who serves Vanilla Rhum at lunch!)

Figuring the typical consumption of one for you and one for me, you'd put them out of business in less than a month. LOL!!!

Phil

... does it have sea view?

Yep. In a way.

To be honest I've only been there once at night. We had a good time with Dennis, Wendy and friends. Visited their other project (Normandie) as it was under construction and have had friends stay at both places.

These are folks that love and live SBH. Their sharing of their love for SBH shows in everything they do. Just as many friends here do and make their homes available to us. Jeff, with Flamands Blue, is another great host. I would never hesitate to deal with them to have an honest, great stay.

Determine your "wants and needs," price point, location preference and go for it.

We stayed in CEC a few years ago and it's a wonderful villa. Beautifully furnished, with views out the front to Marigot Bay. The patio and pool are in the back of the villa and are very private and quiet.

CEC is indeed a lovely villa--high quality furnishings and attention to detail displaying the hosts' concern for their guests. Dennis--you are not going to retire (that rhymes with "expire"). Rather you will be living an unstructured life-- one in which you determine the priorities, not your boss or clients or work schedule. You'll love it!

Julianne has great language skills. I agree with the picture she painted for you, old boy.

Dennis,

If CEC is rented, I can highly recommend a little hotel in Lorient, the Normandie! A delightful place and the owners and staff are carming people.