Le Toiny sale announced

JEK

Senior Insider
Screen Shot 2015-02-19 at 12.37.02 PM.jpg

Oh. So Guy and Dagmar are no longer at the helm? Oh my. Such friendly people. I will miss seeing them. Thank goodness for Facebook. :)

Bonjour,

As you may have already heard, Hotel Le Toiny has new owners and with this change comes new management.

After having managed the hotel for the past seven years, it is time for us to move on. Managing Hotel Le Toiny and its team has been a great pleasure. This is a wonderful boutique hotel - its staff and many partners really formed a close knit "Le Toiny family".

Thank you all for your wonderful support, loyalty, and confidence in us. We will remember our years with you all fondly.

We arrived on St Barth in 2008 with one six month old baby girl; next week we leave the island with four daughters! Not only did we grow professionally, but our family grew too!

Should you like to keep in touch, you will find here our personal eMail address dagmarguy@yahoo.fr

To all of you, we wish you the very best - we are certain our paths will cross again one day. Until then, we say "Au-revoir" - We'll see you again.

Best regards,

Guy & Dagmar Lombard
Former General Managers
Hotel Le Toiny, St Barth
Dagmarguy@yahoo.fr

Hôtel LE TOINY
Relais & Châteaux
F- 97133 Saint-Barthélemy - French West Indies (F.W.I.)
Tel : (59) 0590 27 88 88 - Fax: (59) 0590 27 89 30
Toll free US number 0800 680 0832 - e-fax from USA: 617 507 0490
Email address: reservations@letoiny.com - Web site: http://www.letoiny.com
Email for Front Desk (24 hours): contact@letoiny.com

Bon chance, Guy and Dagmar. Thank you for making us feel so welcome at Toiny. We have happy memories of our visits to Le Gaiac for those very special celebrations and date nights and will long remember the gala for the 60th anniversary for Relais and Chateaux that we partied at last October. It was fun to see your girls grow and we wish you happiness and success wherever in the world you choose to settle.

I've know Charles Walker from his days as a waiter at the pre-Franck and Denis Wall House, through his years at Eden Rock, and his tenure at IDF. He'll do fine at Le Toiny.

So, the new owner of Le Toiny is an anglican priest???

Yes, he is has been the Reverend at the Anglican Church in Gustavia for over 13 years....he celebrated his 10th anniversary as vicar here in February 2012... except from The Weekly, February 16, 2012:

VERE NICOLL MARKS 10 YEARS AS VICAR AT ANGLICAN CHURCH

There was standing room only at St Bartholomew’s Anglican Church in Gustavia on Sunday morning, February 12, as Charles Vere Nicoll celebrated his 10[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary as vicar. He led the service in conjunction with retired Bishop Ted Eastman of Maryland, accompanied by music director Charles Darden on piano, singing by soprano Jane Throngren, who flew in from New York for the occasion, tenors Laurent Clequin and Cliff Hood, plus Lloyd Younger on guitar. After thanking his wife Mandie, Charles Darden for making music such a wonderful part of the ministry, the church vestry, the American friends of the church, those who take care of flowers every week, and offering special thanks to Brook Lacour for her many years of service, noting he didn’t want it to sound “like the Grammy Awards,” Vere Nicoll was presented with a beautiful candle holder by the members of the vestry. “For Mandie and me, this is such an exciting day,” he says. “It has been a huge privilege to be able to play a part in the ministry of this church for the last 10 years. I think we could both say that these have probably been ten of the happiest years of our lives. We much look forward to being part of the ministry here for many years to come.”

There is no better couple on the island than Charlie and Mandie!
As a board member of the Anglican Church ,and a Sunday musician,I encourage everybody to come to our Sunday service,at 09:00 ,and to get to know what we offer
(PS- and enjoy the hotel and resto too!- Charlie and Mandie will really make a difference!)

we wish Charles and Mandy all the very best...and hope to see you guys in a few weeks to celebrate your new adventure

DachshundOctoberfest1.jpg

I wish them all the best.
When we frequented the IDF, I tried to get them to NYC for the Dachsund Festival in Washington Square park...nothin but dachsunds!! Hundreds of em!

Congratulations Mandie and Charlie!!! We look forward to seeing you next July both at church and at Le Toiny!! What an exciting project you have taken on!!! Best of luck to you both and to all your staff.