A bust

andynap

Senior Insider
Couple inches and no big deal. The weather frauds scared everyone to death but the supermarkets made out like crazy. How do they keep their jobs?

Cape is really getting hammered ....hearing of a few gusts to 100 mph and sustained just below hurricane force

a steady snow here but certainly nothing out of the ordinary

we need to put a stop to all this media hype on weather

The city is shut down, offices closed, schools closed. Billion of dollars lost. I flew into work today with no traffic an hour late because I relied on the forecast and didn't set my alarm.

Forecasting is not news. Weather events that have actually occurred are news. Really makes me angry how much air time is given to weather predictions. Want to know the weather, look out of a window.

Yesterday was over the top even for them .......if I heard "catastrophic "or "historic" one more time I was going to puke.....

we ll end up with about a foot up here and we can do a foot in our sleep......

the kids will all have a nice day at the mall or on the slopes......

We've got 18" and building. It's blowing around, drifting, and visibility is horrible. People truly shouldn't be on the roads if they can possibly avoid it. There is a driving ban still in effect, and there should be.

The Onion

[h=1]NYC Mayor: ‘Reconcile Yourselves With Your God, For All Will Perish In The Tempest’[/h]NEWS IN BRIEFWeatherNewsISSUE 51•04 • Jan 26, 2015

700.hq.jpg

NEW YORK—As a major winter storm continued its advance toward New York City, Mayor Bill de Blasio advised residents Monday to make peace with whatever higher power they call God, for all shall meet their death in the coming tempest. “The furious hoarfrost bearing down upon us knows neither mercy nor reason, and all within the five boroughs will perish, cowering in their brittle dwellings,” said de Blasio, adding that none would find succor from the gale save those favored by providence to pass quietly in their sleep. “This shall be a tempest the likes of which has never been glimpsed by man or beast. Clutch your babes close to your breast and take small comfort in knowing that they will howl for but a few hours before death becalms them forever.” De Blasio added that, barring an unexpected intensification in the storm, normal subway and bus service would resume Wednesday.

However there were some significant snowfalls, but more to the East

Worcester, Mass. — 25 inches
Mattituck, N.Y. — 24.8 inches
Islip Airport, N.Y. — 20.9 inches
Killingly, Conn. — 20 inches
North Chelsmford, Mass. — 20 inches
Clinton, Mass. — 20.5 inches

We've got 18" and building. It's blowing around, drifting, and visibility is horrible. People truly shouldn't be on the roads if they can possibly avoid it. There is a driving ban still in effect, and there should be.

You guys and the Cape are the jackpot winners here....still reading some ugly posts on FB from the Cape....

woke up with an awful chest cold so only having to go out and blow snow once is fine with me

You guys and the Cape are the jackpot winners here....still reading some ugly posts on FB from the Cape....

woke up with an awful chest cold so only having to go out and blow snow once is fine with me

Almost no power on Nantucket. 1 Foot of snow and gusting 75. Flooding and erosion. KR

The sun is now shining here. Lovely to see it against the sparkling white of the snow. We had about 8 inches. Lots of drifts because the snow is powdery. Since CT had a strict travel ban overnight, local plow drivers are only now getting out to clear driveways. I think many in the media are sad that the "storm of the century" didn't occur in the NYC area. I am most grateful. Hope RI, MA and points north and east don't have a bad time.

A few of the weather forecasters had the good sense to say "we blew it" but most are making excuses like crazy. I don't understand how the same people who cannot nail down a forecast 24 hours in advance can speak with solemn authority about the weather 24 years from now!

Glad you got a foot anyway, Mike. They say (if one can believe them!) that there will be an active storm pattern over the next few weeks. So you may luck out and get more.

Well, we really "dodged" the bullet this year! Normally we would not arrive until next Friday, but our villa change necessitated coming last Sunday, and even with very tight connections from Boston in Miami, we made it to St Martin on time and arrived in
St Barths early! Our front walk back home is sporting over two feet of snow and it's still falling!
Noel

A few of the weather forecasters had the good sense to say "we blew it" but most are making excuses like crazy. I don't understand how the same people who cannot nail down a forecast 24 hours in advance can speak with solemn authority about the weather 24 years from now!

Glad you got a foot anyway, Mike. They say (if one can believe them!) that there will be an active storm pattern over the next few weeks. So you may luck out and get more.

Yeah it's still coming down at a decent clip.......we re going to be ok from this

weather forecasting is a joke......what other profession can you be so wrong so often and not be held accountable ?

We're at 26" and climbing. By the time that we're done, the total accumulation will be right in line with predictions. The snowfall has lightened, and the winds have died down a bit, so things are getting better.

In MA there is a list of exemptions to the travel ban, one of which is what made it legal for me to drive this morning. "Private sector snow removal equipment" was also on the list, so driveways and lots are well on their way to at least an initial cleanup.

The Providence, former flagship of RI blew over at Newport Shipyard. What a shame.

Yeah I read that.....Lot of damage too....

thats is my biggest worry with my boat especially this year because I went out early so I got first row facing the northeast snd not huddled in the safety of the middle of the pack like the year before