villa mirande

Just checking to see if anyone has stayed at Villa Mirande in Pt. Milou?? Planning on visiting again in June and making reservations. Looked nice but you never know. Thanks for input.

Welcome double o. My wife and I stayed there this past August. It's very nice and pretty much looks just like the pictures. If privacy is not an issue and you don't mind the plunge pool I would book it. There are a ton of villas in that area so the pool area can be seen from several neighboring villas. The views are amazing. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Rod

007, it's on the leeward side of Pointe Milou. Maybe rodndonna could comment on the breezes. Especially important in June I would imagine.

I've stayed in one of the very similar villas along that road.

Amazing views and sunsets but not as much breeze as I would have liked.

007, it's on the leeward side of Pointe Milou. Maybe rodndonna could comment on the breezes. Especially important in June I would imagine.
Definitely not breezy. The villa has AC in the living room but there are no sliding glass doors. You have to shut the storm shutters to put the AC on which completely defeats the purpose of having a villa with a great view.

We stayed in Mirande in November for our fourth trip to the island. We liked it quite a bit. We enjoyed the view, the sunsets, the plunge pool (best pool we've ever had) and the fact that we could often hear the waves crashing in the cove below at night. It looked pretty much exactly like the photos on the villa rental sites--I've never had a problem with that in St. Barths, but it's still always a relief. What you can't really tell in the photos is that the end of the pool nearest the edge of the terrace is only maybe 18 inches deep, which we found very nice for lounging.

It was not very breezy and the sunset view meant a lot of afternoon sun. We often kept a mosquito coil burning in the kitchen because of mosquitoes congregating there near the floor. We discovered that the open wall of the living room has electric retracting sunshades which helped keep the room from getting too hot, but the previous poster is correct that there's no way to close off that room and run the a/c without lowering the storm shades. Personally, I liked the open feel and didn't mind the warmth. We lowered the storm shades a couple times the week we were there due to torrential rains, but hopefully you won't have to do that! We didn't use the side terrace very much, in part because it didn't get much breeze and also because the main terrace was a nicer spot to have coffee.

There are quite a few villas nearby, some of which are in view of Mirande's terrace. Any that would have had a very direct view on our terrace were shuttered the week we were there, I suppose because it was still the offseason.

I'd book it again as it struck me as a good value as well. The biggest note of caution, in my opinion, is that when we were there there was some construction going on at the Hotel Christopher below the villa. There was some pretty persistent jackhammering. We avoided it by going to the beach or out to lunch or what have you, but had we wanted to spend the whole day at the villa, it would have gotten old. I don't know if there's a very good way to know if anything similar will be going on in June, though, and this particular task seemed relatively minor. It was some work on the parking lot and entrance of the hotel.