American Sniper...

NYCFred

Senior Insider
Amazing. Eastwood does an amazing job, as do Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller. Pretty realistic (or so I've read) portrayal of the barbaric savages we, and the rest of Western Civilization are up against. A hard look at PTSD and recovery.

The theatre was absolutely silent at the end of the film.

Record box office $90MM first weekend, and Michael Moore and the Lefties in Hollywood are wetting their pants.

Go see it, if only to annoy the folks that follow "Daily Kos", etc.
(The book is worth a read, too)

☆☆☆☆☆ on the Fredometer.
Guns, explosions, SEALS, Apache helos and dead terrorists...what's not to like?

I can't keep the book in the store........

looking foward to the movie.....really like Cooper in anything

Bill and I also saw it opening night. Really great movie! Cooper's performance was Oscar worthy

Michael Moore should have to go serve a tour (or 4) and then come back here and call snipers cowards. Disgusting! IMHO

C

Michael Moore should have to go serve a tour (or 4) and then come back here and call snipers cowards. Disgusting! IMHO

C

Totally agree!!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing this. My son is reading the book now, and I'll snag it from him when he's done....

Agree. It is not to be missed. We had the same experience as Fred---The theatre was absolutely silent at the end. The audience members looked almost reverent. Bradley Cooper bears an amazing resemblance to the real Chris Kyle. I didn't think the movie could surpass the book but IMO it did.

Since my son had yet another snow day, we went to see this earlier today. It was excellent! I don't get what all of the political uproar is about---it was a real look at PTSD, the difficulties and horror of war, and a Man's struggle with dealing with it all. And yes, the silence of the audience at the end was deafening. Great film. Andrew just finished the book this morning, and he loved both the book and the movie----- but they are very, very different, he said. Great cast and acting. Two thumbs up!

I just finished the book and really liked the story and respected the man and his team and his family

Wow! What a movie. One may agree or disagree with the Iraq war. One may say the same critical things about snipers as people say about drones a la Michael Moore. However Kyle was sent to do a job- to serve his country and he did it well! Too bad he ended up perishing at the hands of helping another veteran.

Not a political point purely my take on the movie...I thought the movie was average and fairly one dimensional. I think the hype far exceeds the deliverable
Water Diviner is a better movie dealing with the aftermath of war IMHO