Hopefully this is the last chapter of this story

How about actually proving they did something wrong first???

we are in America...right?

The balls were deflated. The balls were checked by the refs before the game and turned over to the Patriots. The balls that were proper pressure for the second half did not lose pressure during the second half. Does it matter who did it? It was not a rouge ball boy.

No home playoff games for five years.

NO SOUP FOR YOU>>>>ONE YEAR!!!!!!

we ll see how this plays out.. I prefer waiting til I get the actual facts before assigning blame...

The NFL has interviewed over 40 people. They will not botch this investigation like they did with Ray Rice. I suspect they have a pretty good idea about what happened. I'm also sure there will be a full report sometime before February 1st. :)

Mike I thought you might enjoy this from Ian O'Connor this morning on ESPN.

Focus on the loosest brick in Brady's version of events -- or non-version of events -- that took down the whole house. The quarterback said more than once that a ball at 12.5 psi felt like magic in his hands, and it made sense. Any elite craftsman or artist or athlete could tell you that the tools of his or her trade are not interchangeable parts. Right before a performance, Jimi Hendrix would've known if he'd been handed something other than his most reliable guitar.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/12213363/tom-brady-tale-hold-weight

my opinion is the same.....

while I patiently wait for the facts to eventually shed light on the truth....

I spent enough years as a high school Asst Principal and Dean of Students solving on campus crimes, where I learned the hard way that half of what looks obvious generally isnt, so dont make assumptions...... just do the due diligence and wait for the truth to come through...which it always does...eventually

image.jpg

Posted today:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Deflating footballs may not be as easy as it sounds

Posted over the last week:

this is how a typical conversation would go between a QB and an equipment manager on ANY level from high school up

QB..."hey take a little air out of the ball today for me...its cold and I need a better grip"

equipment manager..."sure"

I'm saying every level of play adjusts their balls to the weather at times....from high school on up.....

I'm not....I'm saying don't assume it was coach or QB..thats all I ve ever said...

i also said its very common to take a little air out...

I said three pages ago

he probably told the equipment manager to take a little air out...and the guy did

I cant stress enough that my experiences as both a player and coach of the game, these conversations about ball pressure generally last about 5 seconds in length.... not the three act play/opera some of you want it to be

football....ball pressure is sometimes adjusted on ALL LEVELS of play for weather......high school..college...pros..and sometimes not

more like the 500 dollar a week ball boy sticks a pin in the ball and lets a little air out and the QB says ...yep they re good.....thanks

and everyone moves on from the 30 second exchange, to more important things

How is it cheating if Brady simply said 'take a little air out please" ASSUMING the equipment manager would take some out while staying within the rules?????

How do you know definitively that was not the case???

Why is that so hard to believe???

That would be such a typical way the conversation would go......

You spent all week telling us how easy it was to do, and how it happens all the time without a second thought from anyone involved.

And then you post an article today about how hard it is to do.

You spent all week telling us how easy it was to do, and how it happens all the time without a second thought from anyone involved.

And then you post an article today about how hard it is to do.

which is why I saud "hmmmmmmmmm".....I posted another view/slant on it

I ve been to about 20 NFL games in my life and never noticed any major production over footballs by anyone ...at anytime

we are all speculating here as to what happened .....and our speculations are of course based on what we know and what we have experienced .....but that's all it is here..speculation....

the difference is I sm speculating with benefut of doubt and you all are not...

so riddle me this Batman ....

Belichick hates press conferences more than any coach in any sport...that's a given and the least kept secret out there

so why in the world do you suppose a man who goes out of his way to avoid press conferences would CALL one this afternoon to say emphatically and categorically that nothing was done unlawfully by his people, if he didn't have inside information that the investigative process was going no where and coming up empty....these are not stupid men we re talking about here

do you think Bob Kratt would let the face of his organization look stupid here by calling a press conference to say essentially you re all blowing smoke up our asses if he didn't have information about the investigation?

and again...Just being speculative here

the difference is I sm speculating with benefut of doubt and you all are not...

so riddle me this Batman ....

Belichick hates press conferences more than any coach in any sport...that's a given and the least kept secret out there

so why in the world do you suppose a man who goes out of his way to avoid press conferences would CALL one this afternoon to say emphatically and categorically that nothing was done unlawfully by his people, if he didn't have inside information that the investigative process was going no where and coming up empty....these are not stupid men we re talking about here

do you think Bob Kratt would let the face of his organization look stupid here by calling a press conference to say essentially you re all blowing smoke up our asses if he didn't have information about the investigation?

and again...Just bring speculative here

Well, I'd give any other team the benefit of the doubt, but I think it goes right out the window when you're dealing with known cheaters. Who knows how many other scams Belichick has pulled that haven't been discovered yet?.............just being speculative.

And the fact that a guy who hates press conferences has held 2 on this matter proves nothing. I could easily make the argument that he's acting just like a guilty person would act. Deny, deny, deny.

Speaking of the press conference, Belichick brought up your theory about the warm locker room and cold field and the balls naturally losing pressure. It all makes perfect sense until you think about the Colts' balls (hi-yo!). Why did they all come up meeting the specification? I know, I know, they have Isaac Newton's great, great, great grand nephew inflating the balls and he took the temperature and stadium altitude into account when filling up the balls.

Bill Nye believes the climate is changing so maybe we shouldn't believe him about pressure in a football either…:)

Deflategate debunker: Bill Nye picks apart Belichick's defense.

by Fox Sports,
1 hour ago

Bill Belichick went all Bill Nye the Science Guy as he tried to explain how the balls used by the New England Patriots in last week's championship game might have become deflated by the time the game started.
It was definitely a strange scene.
His explanation sure sounded scientific. Here's part of it: "Now we all know that air pressure is a function of the atmospheric conditions. It's a function of that. So if there's activity in the ball relative to the rubbing process, I think that explains why, when we gave them to the officials, and the officials put it at, let's say 12.5 (PSI), that once the ball reached its equilibrium state it was closer to 11.5."
Well, Sunday morning, the real Science Guy decided it was time to weigh in. And let's just say Bill Nye isn't buying the other Bill's hypothesis.
"What he said didn't make any sense," said Nye during an interview on Good Morning America. "Rubbing the football, I don't think you can change the pressure.
"To really change the pressure, you need one of these," he added, holding up an inflation needle.