Joe Cocker RIP

fins85258

Senior Insider
Joe.jpg

Joe Cocker has died at 70, according to a BBC report.The singer-songwriter hailed from Sheffield, England and rose up through the club ranks in the 1960s. His mainstream breakthrough came when he famously covered the iconic Beatles song “With a Little Help From My Friends” in 1968, which wound up placing high on both U.S. and UK charts.
Cocker won a Grammy Award in 1983 for his duet with Jennifer Warnes, “Up Where We Belong,” which appeared on the soundtrack to the 1982 Richard Gere and Debra Winger film “An Officer and a Gentleman.”
His version of “With a Little Help From My Friends” resurfaced again in 1988 as the theme song to ABC’s period comedy-drama,”The Wonder Years,” starring Fred Savage.
More to come...

My wife Karen has a friend in the Crested Butte CO area that had been his massage theropist for quite some time. I'll have to wait and see what she has to say after they get a chance to talk.

You can leave your hat on...

Randy Newman had a very different idea about this song when he wrote it: "The guy is just - I always thought of him as a fairly weak fellow. It sounded like - and to me, I would've thought the girl could break him in half. He's not asking much. You know, Joe Cocker and Tom Jones had hits with it, and they did it, you know, about higher than I did and louder, as if it were a real sexual kind of thing. I could have done it. I just didn't think of it."

You Can Leave Your Hat On Randy Newman (1972)

Of course, Joe Cocker has been one of the few to improve on the Beatles...

With A Little Help From My Friends

Don't know anything about Joe what was wrong with him did he have a stroke? Am I thinking of the right guy when he sang wasn't his body language way off? RIP Joe