How low will gas prices go?

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
I thought it might be fun to guess how low the regular gas price will go and for how long. Our prediction is $.99 a gallon and it will last for say 6 months and will occur in 2015. The winner receives a free view of a sunset from the island at the time and date of his or her choice.

I thought it might be fun to guess how low the regular gas price will go and for how long. Our prediction is $.99 a gallon and it will last for say 6 months and will occur in 2015. The winner receives a free view of a sunset from the island at the time and date of his or her choice.

$.99 would require cuts in state and or Federal gas taxes.

Marshall, VA today

image.jpg

We have it as low as 2.08 here in Tyler, Texas today. A lot of our economy is oil and gas based, so not everyone here is giddy about these prices.

A lot of our economy is oil and gas based, so not everyone here is giddy about these prices.

Oh I remember it well from the last time the Saudis did this s**t when I was working down there ........lost my job...lost my house .....and the only thing I got to keep was my company car....which blew it's transmission in Texarkana, of all places ,on my way back home ......not my finest hour :nightmare:

I like the Saudis better when oil prices are low.

Except they re only doing this to cull out competitors and remind the world at the end of the day it is they who control the market ....and no one else

just ask Russia...and Venezuela

the downside of all this cheap oil is people will go back to wasting fuel and alternative energy companies will fall out of favor with investors .......until of course the next inevitable pull back in production/sticker shock pricing occurs .....and then the manic cycle of panic snd screaming for action will transpire again.........and the wheels of the bus go round and round

Except they re only doing this to cull out competitors and remind the world at the end of the day it is they who control the market ....and no one else

just ask Russia...and Venezuela

the downside of all this cheap oil is people will go back to wasting fuel and alternative energy companies will fall out of favor with investors .......until of course the next inevitable pull back in production/sticker shock pricing occurs .....and then the manic cycle of panic snd screaming for action will transpire again.........and the wheels of the bus go round and round

And Mike that is why we should not waste this opportunity to raise fuel taxes. Charlie Munger has always said we should import their oil until it runs out and then use ours.

We need to do something to fix roads and bridges for sure.....

hey here s an idea

how about taking all that money which goes to fighting wars we can't win.... in the wrong country .....and to foreign aid .....and using some of that?

nah.....makes too much sense and the General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Haliburton DC lobby will have none of that nonsense

We need to do something to fix roads and bridges for sure.....

hey here s an idea

how about taking all that money which goes to fighting wars we can't win.... in the wrong country .....and to foreign aid .....and using some of that?

nah.....makes too much sense and the General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Haliburton DC lobby will have none of that nonsense

You'll have to speak with Cheney who still believes the invasion of Iraq was a good idea.