Poor Putin

JoshA

Senior Insider
It's tough to be a new age Napoleon when you're an old-style cold warrior at heart and your country's economy is tanking.

2a17b284-854e-11e4-a06e-00144feabdc0.img

Wonder what this means for his vacation plans at Gouverneur?

He is in a tough spot. Oil revenues were about 40% of his economy and with the falling rouble inflation should go way up. He will be putting "speculators" in prison.

It's tough to be a new age Napoleon when you're an old-style cold warrior at heart and your country's economy is tanking.

2a17b284-854e-11e4-a06e-00144feabdc0.img

Wonder what this means for his vacation plans at Gouverneur?

I know of no one in the world who is happier about Putin's problems than my dear old friend Franz. He's been fighting him tooth and nail for years, and finally winning:up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_J._Sedelmayer
His determination is amazing!

I see I posted in the wrong forum. This isn't a food fight about Bush or Obama. That's one forum below.

Remember 1991? Yeltsin started Russia on the road to capitalism but the Russian economy became the corrupt province of the oligarchs. Putin emerged as the beneficiary and strongman. He is popular with Russians by appealing to their nationalism. But, if it all goes sour, he can go down quickly as did Gorbachev and the Soviet Union back then.

Any thoughts?

I see I posted in the wrong forum. This isn't a food fight about Bush or Obama. That's one forum below.

Remember 1991? Yeltsin started Russia on the road to capitalism but the Russian economy became the corrupt province of the oligarchs. Putin emerged as the beneficiary and strongman. He is popular with Russians by appealing to their nationalism. But, if it all goes sour, he can go down quickly as did Gorbachev and the Soviet Union back then.

Any thoughts?

Bush and Obama is always a food fight :)

Maybe our actions are working in combination with the falling oil prices to get something done favorably in the Ukraine. It is also nice to give OPEC a dose of their own medicine now that we are up there among the world's largest oil producers. Are we now the largest?

It is so bad over there that the best Hockey league they have the KHL 3 teams haven't paid their players for over 3 months and the players are looking to escape their contracts and go to other leagues.