iphone restore question

Bart -my real name-

Senior Insider
Calling Dr. JEK, calling Dr. JEK! Code Red! Head to the Emergency Room immediately!!

What's supposed to happen when you backup and then restore your iPhone? In my case going from a 4S to a 6?

Is it supposed to look the same and have the apps in the same folders and have the same font size (in text messages and web pages)? (mine doesn't)
Are little things like battery percentage supposed to carry over or does all that need to be reset? (mine no longer displays battery percentage)

Most importantly, if I backed up my phone (to iTunes/the computer) yesterday, should the scores of "Notes" that I had be transferred over?

I'm in the midst of a panic attack / major depression because all my "Notes" are gone, while my three expired and completely trivial "Reminders" copied over beautifully. I had some very important stuff in "Notes" like usernames, passwords (probably a security violation, but that's where I kept them) not to mention all sort of other stuff I saved and consulted regularly .

Can I get my "Notes" back?
Can I have my phone set up like it was a few hours ago, or do I have to do all of that manually?

Thanks!

Thanks! I'll try that.

Just as an FYI and more symptoms for the Doctor……all my apps copied over, including "Notes". It was just empty.

What do you use if you want to remember something for the short term (like where you parked) or the long term like (a frequent flyer number for your kids - - my case, not yours)? I thought that was what "Notes" was for

FF I would save in contacts under their name. Parking? Take a picture. More detailed, email myself. Documents? Google Drive.

Thanks! I'll try that.

Just as an FYI and more symptoms for the Doctor……all my apps copied over, including "Notes". It was just empty.

What do you use if you want to remember something for the short term (like where you parked) or the long term like (a frequent flyer number for your kids - - my case, not yours)? I thought that was what "Notes" was for

The reason they were blank? You jumped too many releases with your silly "I don't like the new UI. IMO.

I would have thought *The* *Perfect* *Company* would have considered all the possibilities even something as basic as people not constatnly updating.

But back to my problem…….should my home wifi password have copied over? I had to re-enter it after I did the "restore". That's weird, right?

As I have posted many times if one encrypts the backup the passwords all carry over on restore.

Stay tuned……..I'm now restoring form "computer" which wasn't checked before. Restore from "iCloud" was checked.

Possible operator error. More likely overly complex system designed to frustrate and infuriate

JEK! You mad crazy genius! Get over here so I can kiss you!

My "Notes" are back and most things are like they once were. It was the "restore from this computer" vs "restore from iCloud" that did me in.

Of course my beautiful wallpaper, compliments of RickyG is gone, but some of my more important items are still there

I'm going to take a breather for a bit, but rest assured, I'll be back soon complaining about the new layout of the music screen and looking for advice on how to have just the albums listed under a certain artist and not every song on that album!

Thank you for understanding

These days John doesn't one only restore from iCloud as phones are often not being backed up to a computer? Many people don't even own computers anymore- just tablets and phones