Monbart - Monday 11/24

Greg W

SBH Member
After an opening night party on Sunday that half the island seemed to be at.... Four of us - two St Barts friends and two Americans went for an after dinner cocktail Monday night at Monbart. Its named for the mythical pirate of St Barts, who supposedly buried a huge treasure on the island. It is located in the stone house that housed Sibarth, and most recently Rhum St Barts. No sign, just a tall door. Its a gorgeous space, groovy lounge music in the background, with lounge seating on the right, and tall tables and the bar itself on the left. Staff could not have been nicer. Tom Magnen the manager came to our table to introduce himself and ask if everything was ok.

I had a 18 year old Clement rhum, they had Duetz champagne. In addition, they kept bringing us small trays of the most amazing small bites. Finally a real bar to go meet friends for a drink...... or to go to after dinner at Bonito, L'Isola, or Black Ginger. I predict this cool new bar will be the a home run. I know I will be going back.

Monbart 1.jpg
Monbart 2.jpg
Monbart 3.jpg
Monbart 4.jpg