Favorite/Best Meal at a Restaurant - Where?

Bart -my real name-

Senior Insider
My wife asked me what's the "best restaurant on SBH?" and of course I couldn't answer since there are a million variables, but........

If you had only one meal to eat in one restaurant where would it be?

No qualifiers.
No lunch at XXX and dinner at YYYY.
No price restrictions.
No funny stuff.

Just one name.

For me, it would be Le Gaiac for their Sunday Brunch.

Very difficult question to answer! So many factors in the equation. If it were my last meal on the island, it would be at Maya's.

Very difficult question to answer! So many factors in the equation. If it were my last meal on the island, it would be at Maya's.

I also love Maya's... and think Maya and Jean-Claude both excel... I love Le Carré for a more casual ambiance and good food, so it's hard to pick just one... Maya's To Go is my go-to for take out but I also love Kiki è Mo...

. . . it wouldn't be my "last meal on the island," but another great little, off-the-radar place is "Spice Barth," in Merlette on the road to Flamands. Authentic Creole cuisine . . . with especially tasty, homemade desserts! For "local" food, it would be hard to beat.

There are so many if one opens it up a bit, but for me a dining experience needs to evoke a bit of nostalgia and the feeling of coming home. Very few places have been continuously in operation by the same owners in the same place for the decades that my choice has.

given all the diverse parameters and standards of what is good that everyone has its really hard to get anything out of one of these types of questions other than mild entertainment