Favorite/Best Meal at a Restaurant - Where?

"We stopped going [to Maya's] years ago, found it bland and boring."

It's so funny that even a question about one's choice of last meal on the island evokes a knock at Maya's! For 30 years now, the poor folks running the place have struggled for acceptance and recognition . . . and just can't catch a break!

"We stopped going [to Maya's] years ago, found it bland and boring."

It's so funny that even a question about one's choice of last meal on the island evokes a knock at Maya's! For 30 years now, the poor folks running the place have struggled for acceptance and recognition . . . and just can't catch a break!

But they are booked solid every night. It is a terrible fate for a restauranteur :)

My wife asked me what's the "best restaurant on SBH?" and of course I couldn't answer since there are a million variables, but........

If you had only one meal to eat in one restaurant where would it be?

No qualifiers.
No lunch at XXX and dinner at YYYY.
No price restrictions.
No funny stuff.

Just one name.

For me, it would be Le Gaiac for their Sunday Brunch.

Bart, of course everyone has an opinion! You are brave/funny to pose this question! There's great food all over the island. But I agree with JEK on this--- it all becomes sentimental.

I would choose La Plage. No surprise here--- it's my/our favorite place. The food and service and ambiance are all perfect, but also perfect because it was our first favorite place many years ago:cool:

Here's an update. Santa Fe takes the lead and Eddy's goes from unranked to second!

Santa Fe - 5
Eddy's - 4
Le Carre - 3

L'Isola - 3
L'Sprit - 3
Maya's - 2

Le Gaiac - 1
Nikki Beach - 1
La Plage - 1