Taking first timers to 4 dinners and 4 lunches on the island-top 8 restaurants

I'm going to pull a Bart, and ask where the new restaurant Monbart in Gustavia is located. The pictures are interesting. Any reviews yet?

I completely agree with Cassidain choice of lunch at Le Grain de Sel. Bill and I love this place after a morning at Saline.

T minus 9 days

Charlotte

Who's Bart? :happytomad:

One other thought re: 4 dinners, expanding on Cassidain's " your villa" suggestion: Private chef.

If your friends are 20 something New Yorkers then for lunch I would take them to O'Corail.

For dinner I would take them to Black Ginger, Bonito, and Le Carré. All have excellent food, killer music, friendly welcoming staff - and are both chic and hip.

Amazing!!!
Few more quick questions as they arrive today:

Thoughts:
Anyone heard of this wine tasting event at Tom's Beach??? Saturday, November 29, for the 100th of the WINE TASTERS, a superb Menu agreement food & wine will be offered at the La Plage: Here is the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wine-Tasters-of-St-Barth/256786371131811. Anyone know about this? Anyone going?

Private chef to our villa-we love the new villa in Toiny we are staying at! Anyone have recommendations or tried a private chef?
Is Bagatelle cheesy? food decent? View of any boats? Should we try with the mid-twenties kids? Maybe Le Yacht Club? Baz Bar for sure.
I'm a vegetarian so selfishly although I want them to try L'esprit St Barths I don't think there is anything I eat?
We are in Toiny so Le Sereno and Le Guanahani are so close-try them for meals or pass?
Le Gaiaic for Sunday Brunch?
Bikini Beach Brunch Saturday at La Plage?
Still undecided on what to do for Thanksgiving dinner...

MANY THANKS!!!!

<<Le Gaiaic for Sunday Brunch?>>

Yes! I'd do this.

In fact I am doing this in a week and a half.

Amazing food and a great price for what you get.

The only caveat is it's very much seafood focused. There are eggs and French toast and typical breakfast things, but the real stars of the show are the endless varieties of seafood.

<<Le Gaiaic for Sunday Brunch?>>

Yes! I'd do this.

In fact I am doing this in a week and a half.

Amazing food and a great price for what you get.

The only caveat is it's very much seafood focused. There are eggs and French toast and typical breakfast things, but the real stars of the show are the endless varieties of seafood.

There is also a sunday special of steak or ribs or something like that for those who might not want fish or shellfish....

"Anyone heard of this wine tasting event at Tom's Beach??? Saturday, November 29, for the 100th of the WINE TASTERS, a superb Menu agreement food & wine will be offered at the La Plage: Here is the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wine-Tasters-of-St-Barth/256786371131811. Anyone know about this? Anyone going?"
It´s pretty nice. Walk in and have as many glasses as you wish (it´s gonna be Champagne night, 5 different producers, apparently). It´s perfect for pre-dinner drinks. You can leave the decision on staying for dinner or going somewhere else for the spur of the moment.

"Is Bagatelle cheesy?"
I don´t think so, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

"food decent?"
Haven´t tried, but many people seem to enjoy it. Personally, I would dine somewhere else and go for late night drinks and partying.

"View of any boats?"
Yes!

"Should we try with the mid-twenties kids?"
Most definitely. Be rest assured you´re gonna like it too, perhaps even more than them.

Champagne between 7pm-8pm, dinner anywhere in Gustavia and Bagatelle for the cherry topping would be a perfect Saturday to me. I hope you can enjoy some or all of it.

Have a nice trip