Le Tamarin Reopens 11/25

Food presentation is beautiful! So glad that its reincarnation looks like it'll be a winner!

We returned to Tamarin tonight for dinner, which was excellent. No food photos this time. I took one photo, of the garden, which is creatively lit at night. There's a Tiki Torch in each of the ponds, electric lighting near the trees, and candles everywhere in the garden seating areas. There are a bunch of seats scattered around outside for cocktails, and several garden seating areas. It's quite nice, and quite calm, until the hordes descend, LOL, at which point the vibe kicks up about eight notches. This poor quality iPhone photo doesn't do the garden justice, but you can get the idea, and see that the Lotus Flower has opened up for the night.

image.jpg

A few additional thoughts:

I neglected to mention that they have a few things for kids, a Ping Pong table, and a Baby Foot (Foos Ball) table out in the gardens.

We tend to eat early, with 12:00 and 19:00 reservations. Hordes descend at about the time that we finish eating. At 1:45 the American Horde arrives from the beach. At 20:00 the first wave of the French Horde arrives, and they keep coming. Lunch is busy, once the beach crowd arrives. Dinners are slammed once the French start arriving. Plan your dining accordingly, and make reservations. 0590.29.27.74

I suggest the Mahi for lunch, and the dinner dessert of Tartelette Lichi/Framboise, Sorbet Verveine.

The sommelier, a most delightful woman, has put together a nice wine list. I suggest the Jean-Marc Morey Chassagne Montrachet if you like white Burgundies/Chardonnay.

The hours listed in the original post in this thread are incorrect. Tamarin is also closed on Monday. I know this because I tried to make a reservation for Monday and was denied.

The fact that I have dined here twice in two days, and tried to make it three times in five days, should tell you what I think about the new Tamarin. Drive by at 22:00 and check the number of cars parked on the road because the parking lot is full, and that will tell you what the French think about it.

Again, make reservations. 0590.29.27.74.

Bart, I'm told that it needed a lot of work. One restaurateur who looked at the place told me that it might be best to level it and start over. I have no idea how much work the new owners had to do, but the place looks great.