Le News

cassidain

Senior Insider
It's probably just me (I'm hardly tech savvy) but is anyone else having difficulty opening Le News. The window tells me to "please activate JavaScript". I go to Safari preferences and my JS is already activated. And, yes, I have restarted my computer. De l'aide, svp. :)

And a very prompt response!

Bonjour
J'ai que des macs et le News s'ouvre normalement nous avons changé d'hebergeur donc les DNS change et le site n'est pas fini a 100%
rafraîchissez le lien ou repartez d'une recherche google ca peut marcher
n'hésitez pas a nous signaler si ça ne s'arrange pas
merci
Cordialement,
Eric

LE NEWS
Tel: 0590 879 239
ou 0590 29 54 70

Eric says the site is opening normally for them using Mac's but that they did change hosts and that therefore the DNS changed and that the new site is not 100% complete. He asks me to refresh and try again. Did not work.

The piece of code that they use to detect JS presence just isn't compatible enough with Safari.

On the "please activate javascript" page if you do control-click on (latest) Safari and select Open Frame in New Window (or Tab), you'll get to the actual flash newspaper.

Bingo! Thanks, iPetri!

Le News says thank you. They use Firefox on their Macs, so they didn't realize they had the problem with Safari.

It's probably just me (I'm hardly tech savvy) but is anyone else having difficulty opening Le News. The window tells me to "please activate JavaScript". I go to Safari preferences and my JS is already activated. And, yes, I have restarted my computer. De l'aide, svp. :)
It seems to have fixed itself - now works without the right click.