Hasselback potatoes

andynap

Senior Insider
and Lemon Sole tonight for dinner

image.jpg

hasselback recipe. http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking-101/techniques/hasselback-potatoes

Very intriguing.....I m getting some fresh codfish tomorrow and I think I ll try that to go with it

Andy -
How did you make the cuts in the potato so perfectly uniform and parallel? I know the trick about resting the potato in a large spoon, but did you use a special cutting tool or just a regular knife?

Andy -
How did you make the cuts in the potato so perfectly uniform and parallel? I know the trick about resting the potato in a large spoon, but did you use a special cutting tool or just a regular knife?

I took a butter knife and pierced it through the potato 2/3s down and lengthtwise....worked like a charm...got my razor sharp filet knife and just cut down til it hit the butter knife and stopped...everything was perfectly even

It looks like everyone on the forum is making these potatoes! We had them last night with grilled salmon and a tossed salad with apples and pecans. Thanks Andy! You're a cooking inspiration.

I put chop sticks on both sides of the potato lengthwise and cut it using a chefs knife. Worked perfectly.

I'm having trouble picturing the butter knife step. :confused:

Filet knife is a great idea. Long, thin and sharp.

picture the potato on your cutting board ...picture a butter knife going through it length wise....end to end...about 2/3 rds of the way down from the lengthwise top, forming a false bottom in the potato which stops the knife from going all the way through to the cutting board

I sprinkled bacon bits and fresh chopped Dill and Thyme from my herb garden right into the accordion folds......yowza!!!!