VIP service

Blooming Magnolia

SBH Insider
So glad to know recovery is on the way after hurricane. Can anyone tell me if they like the VIP service out of either San Juan or SXM? Is it worth it and which service do you use? As we can no longer check our bags through to St Barths I'm just wondering. Thanks for any info. Betty

We used Premium IV last trip in SXM and they met us at the Transfer Desk, took our luggage tags and took the bags directly to the SBCommuter desk. We went directly upstairs with our carryon bags. They met our plane in SBH and took the bags off of the carousel and to our car rental desk.

I have used them twice. Excellent service but not really needed with our transfer time. Last trip, we flew SBC and they were calling for us right as we exited the plane in SXM. No service needed from another source.

I have used them twice. Excellent service but not really needed with our transfer time. Last trip, we flew SBC and they were calling for us right as we exited the plane in SXM. No service needed from another source.

Tradewind is all the service needed. IMO.

Sheesh. Enough with the HB and the B. How about facts? Isn't that what we do here?

In SJU, given the distance from the AA/US baggage claim in Terminal D, to the new Tradewind location in Terminal A, some might want to consider Tradewind's VIP service. It's a hike between the two.

Having had the pleasure of meeting Miss Betty, I know that if she chooses to travel via Tradewind then it it is an option which she may want to consider. I haven't used it lately, but when I did, the service consisted of baggage retrieval/re-check, and a cart ride from the arrival gate to the departure area. The service may have changed with Tradewind's move to Terminal A, so it is worth asking about.

Seems my post vanished so here goes again. Thanks to all. I think I need all the help I can get after talking to USAirways and being told that no one flies from SXM to St Barts!!!

WE paid the US Air agents to say that so we could have St. Barth all to ourselves, but don't tell anyone. Shhhhhhhhh.....

The only guarantee you will ever get that your luggage will be on your flight is if you book a private charter or shared charter. At least, that is the personal guarantee I can give you.