Loop north of the airport

Bart -my real name-

Senior Insider
There looks like there's a mostly undeveloped loop just north of the airport. Is that accessible to cars/people? I'm assuming it must be since it looks like that's the only way to get to Les Ilets, but it also looks like the road goes right through the airport so I'm confused.

Do you just take a hard right at the top of the hill at the circle (with the statue)?

View attachment 27181

Attachments

• airport loop.jpg
    airport loop.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 514
The sharp right takes you along the runway down to the water and to Les Ilets. Everything else in unaccessible.

There are also some private homes, a bunch of goats, a tennis court, and Coral Reef Beach Villas back there. The road doesn't really go through the airport property. However, one needs the "secret" code to get through the gate.

If anyone goes down this road, you might find it interesting to glance to your left just before you reach the gate . . . the building amongst some shrubbery there is the old airport "terminal." It's now the office of an Engineer. A big old tree alongside the building formerly was the "waiting room" for travelers -- benches (without backs) under the tree provided a break from the sun.

Ahhh..............so "normal/random" people can't drive down there and walk around that loop?

Maybe I'll have my butler locate the secret code for me, but I'm worried he'll be too busy restocking my villa with supermodels, Cristal, and caviar to do anything else.

Does this mean you will exercising sometime in the near future? Say early December?

Charlotte

Ahhh..............so "normal/random" people can't drive down there and walk around that loop?

Maybe I'll have my butler locate the secret code for me, but I'm worried he'll be too busy restocking my villa with supermodels, Cristal, and caviar to do anything else.

you could always walk in thru the beach. I called the phone number for Les Islets and asked for the gate code for that day and they were very accommodating. I said I wanted to look at the villas.

Ooo I forgot about the secret code that changes every 3 days.

LOL......As far as I can remember (which ain't sayin much) the "top secret" gate code hasn't changed in over a decade. (Humblebrag Points?)

The folks at Les Ilets have always been very chill about people walking through to have a look around. On the other hand, the Lord of the Coral Reef Villas nextdoor, can get pretty vocal with beach goers walking through his property.

We have walked down St. Jean Beach, come up thru Les Ilets and wandered a bit to get on that loop road. It winds around to the sea and around the point and from there you can walk down to the Manapany Beach or keep going and come around back down to the airport. Be on the lookout for random goats.