Lest We Forget . . . October 19, 1987

no argument here.....I own some of them too....G.E....AT&T ...Google.....J&J ( who thinks they may have a good vaccine for Ebola and will be rolling out 250,000 doses in a few months)...nothing against them....but big gains in a (relatively) short period of time playing momentum stocks, in this market today, have their place too...

no argument here.....I own some of them too....G.E....AT&T ...Google.....J&J ( who thinks they may have a good vaccine for Ebola and will be rolling out 250,000 doses in a few months)...nothing against them....but big gains in a (relatively) short period of time playing momentum stocks, in this market today, have their place too...

I don't know of an investment strategy that involves gambling that is successful over the ong term. Short term, a horse race, the lottery, a football game and short term trading are all gambling. The only people I know of that this activity works for are the guys pitching these "strategies" at 2:00am on tv.

the buy and hold forever strategy is your fathers market.......different market today.....globally interconnected....with different investment strategies

you d be hard pressed to find a credible analyst ( I know..thats an oxymoron LOL ) to disagree with that...

when I do my end of year stats....my momentum bunch typically out perform my cornerstone bunch......by a fair amount...

tell me whats risky or downside about investing in a great company like Boston Scientific at 5 bucks.. riding the wave upwards and dumping it at 12 bucks????...or in Bank America at 5 and out at 15?????

we re not talking about sh**ty companies here with momentum trading..thats a different animal all togethr

the buy and hold forever strategy is your fathers market.......different market today.....globally interconnected....with different investment strategies

you d be hard pressed to find a credible analyst ( I know..thats an oxymoron LOL ) to disagree with that...

when I do my end of year stats....my momentum bunch typically out perform my cornerstone bunch......by a fair amount...

tell me whats risky or downside about investing in a great company like Boston Scientific at 5 bucks.. riding the wave upwards and dumping it at 12 bucks????...or in BAC at 5 and out at 15?????

we re not talking about sh**ty companies here with momentum trading..thats a different animal all togethr

We should start a SBHO fund and make you the fund manager. I'd love to tap into your tips on scale.

talk to Jeff McGrew...thats all I got to say...please

then get back to me:cool:

I am one of many many independent small business owners in this country who have to provide their own health/life insurance and retirement so only a fool wouldnt try and learn everything you need to know in how to do that effectively for you and your family

of course not!!!...LOL...he is a savvy market player....he doesn't need anyone to run
his money

just talk to Jeff.......

he s in here now too

Everyone has their own method depending on their circumstances. At my age I'm certainly not taking any chances.

My wife got stung on one of the market crashes a few years ago and put her IRA into CDs ever since. She won't make much but won't lose any either.

FACT: my Buddy Miker is VERY smart with well reasoned stock pics!!!!
He could do it professionally, I am convinced.
In my case, 50% boring, but.... risky, obscure ones he's recommended have outperformed and provided large dividends, too.
It's not for everyone---can be a wild ride in the case of HIMX, for example.
High divs like ARCC that pay a steady 10% over the past 5 years? Better than what Bernie Madoff promised!

1,700 on the way to 11,700. You don't need to be lucky enough to buy at the low, you did need to be able to resist the urge to sell.

Sometimes it's not a matter of urge. A good example would be my former father in law who was so successful in the market he started buying a lot on margin and then one day the phone started ringing. Ya gotta sell the good stuff to cover the short fall. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy:p