Steve Martin slashes price

Another price reduction or is it just the forex?

[h=2]Buy Steve Martin's Island Home for the Luxury, Stay for the Runway Views[/h]Where: St. Barts, France
December 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM | by cmb | Comments (0)
stevemartinsstbartshouse.jpg

With the holidays approaching, Saint-Barthélemy is about to become a hotbed of celebrity activity, with one exception. St. Barth regular Steve Martin will likely be vacationing somewhere else this winter.
The funny man listed his island home, Villa Au Soleil, for the second time in two years (his first try was last summer, but he was also open to $28,000 per week rentals.
The asking price is $9,015,012 and you'll find the house located in the hills of the exclusive Lurin neighborhood. Inside is a gourmet kitchen, formal dining room, a large living room with a media area, multiple terraces, and en suite bathrooms off of each bedroom.

The property also features a two-tiered infinity pool and sun deck surrounded by tropical gardens with views of St. Jean Baie and the infamous St. Barth Airport runway.
Have an extra $9 million hanging around, or just want to see more photos of this amazing vacation home? Then, you can find more information about Villa Au Soleil, at stbarthproperties.com.
martinbartsvilla.jpg.png

Dunno why a West Coast based guy would buy in the Caribbean, anyway.
Guess he figured that out.
Never an oligarch around when ya need one...

Do you remember when Bunker Hunt said in testimony to Congress, "A billion dollars isn't what it used to be?" I think some of the oligarchs are feeling the same way about now.

Do you remember when Bunker Hunt said in testimony to Congress, "A billion dollars isn't what it used to be?" I think some of the oligarchs are feeling the same way about now.

They don't, billion dollars is now a lot more in roubles if they need them! Unlike e.g. the Chinese, show me a Russian billionaire who hasn't got a major portion of his wealth in foreign currency/assets and who doesn't own something in Russia that is sold abroad in foreign currency.

Ongoing major real estate purchases by wealthy Russians in NYC. Flight capital, kinda like the Venezuelans in Miami or the Chinese in Vancouver.

He is, he was just in right place in right time - Last one (in "uniformed" KGB) to leave Berlin, being a right hand of the powerful mayor of Sankt Petersburg, Sobchak (his daughter is or was a frequent visitor in SBH and now in opposition to her late daddy's man), and finally the surprising confidant of Boris Yeltsin (probably by the way of the same Sobchak).

Of course this is how most of the oligarchs were created too... Both in Russia and China.

Another price reduction or is it just the forex?

[h=2]Buy Steve Martin's Island Home for the Luxury, Stay for the Runway Views[/h]Where: St. Barts, France
December 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM | by cmb | Comments (0)
stevemartinsstbartshouse.jpg

With the holidays approaching, Saint-Barthélemy is about to become a hotbed of celebrity activity, with one exception. St. Barth regular Steve Martin will likely be vacationing somewhere else this winter.
The funny man listed his island home, Villa Au Soleil, for the second time in two years (his first try was last summer, but he was also open to $28,000 per week rentals.
The asking price is $9,015,012 and you'll find the house located in the hills of the exclusive Lurin neighborhood. Inside is a gourmet kitchen, formal dining room, a large living room with a media area, multiple terraces, and en suite bathrooms off of each bedroom.

The property also features a two-tiered infinity pool and sun deck surrounded by tropical gardens with views of St. Jean Baie and the infamous St. Barth Airport runway.
Have an extra $9 million hanging around, or just want to see more photos of this amazing vacation home? Then, you can find more information about Villa Au Soleil, at stbarthproperties.com.
martinbartsvilla.jpg.png

It was just a dip, crash is what we called we faced in coivd in forex market :)

Dunno why a West Coast based guy would buy in the Caribbean, anyway.
Guess he figured that out.
Never an oligarch around when ya need one...
We are now West Coast based (formerly Michigan, and je suis d'origine New Yorkaise), and although it is a ridiculously long trip now, I could totally see buying on Saint-Barth. No matter where else you buy your 2nd + home(s), you still have to have the same things: property manager, people who will come and fix things, catering when you get there, and a room for your housekeeper if you need one to live in. So other than a long trip which a private jet makes a lot better (I think SM can handle it), why not SBH?! It takes just as much to have a 2nd + home in Europe, and Hawaii is fun and closer and has great food and golf, but kind of boring if you go a lot. (It is about a 6 hr. trip.) Asia is still really far from the West Coast, too. And the best thing about Saint-Barth?? It's FRENCH and CARIBBEAN at the same time (with all the cultural and food advantages that you do not get outside of France..and compared to most places in the US, it is a LOT safer)! You can island hop if you wish very easily, and if you need to golf, just go over to Anguilla for the day. And really, the houses in California are so expensive now (9 mil is not that above average for Southern California for a nice house and more $$ in the Bay Area for a much worse house), not to mention our ridiculous taxes, it is probably cheaper for him to keep a house there than it is here! So I can't imagine why he would want to sell it at all, unless he decides to develop his own island, like Branson. DD and I had a discussion of what is the next SBH, and after many considerations, we really could not come up with a place that has something for everyone, year after year, in spite of the St-Trop'ization of it. I guess when you are so in love with something, you try to roll with the changes; it works pretty well in a marriage that way, too 😊 !

This was an old post. House sold by SM before Irma. Levelled and rebuilt anew after Irma.