2015 Season Hotel Rates

tim

This thread is intended to quickly compare room rates for readers' convenience while shopping for a St. Barth hotel. Due to formatting challenges, not all rates are shown for all hotels. Also, some hotels do not publicize their rates.

Featured hotels on this site can be found at https://www.sbhonline.com/st-barts-hotels/

Salines Garden

From 01/04/2015
to 04/15/2015

COTTAGE
COTTAGE/KITCHENETTE
BABY BED
FREE
ADDITIONAL BED
CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
Included

Apparently it makes no difference what the price is at mine -- I couldn't find any availability. image.jpg

jgcpalmer, thanks for the post.

JEK, not one availability for the entire winter season? That's impressive.

Below, please find the rates for the Normandie Hotel operated by forum friends Dennis and Wendy Carlton -

normandie.jpg

Tim's post brings up an interesting point. Dennis owns and rents a villa and hotel rooms. One rents in dollars the other in euros. Why?

Has anyone stayed at Fleur de Lune? It looks interesting, but I'm not familiar with it. I am looking for our spring trip for this coming March. Thanks.

Has anyone stayed at Fleur de Lune? It looks interesting, but I'm not familiar with it. I am looking for our spring trip for this coming March. Thanks.

I have not stayed there but have looked at the rooms, it's very casual and informal, you almost feel as if it's someone's home rather than a hotel, more of a bed and breakfast kind of feel, but a lot of local charm and looks like very reasonable prices. And an easy walk to Saline beach....

. . . just saw Cassidain's query about why Villa CEC is rented in $$$, & rates for the Normandie are in Euros.

As I understand it, French law requires rates for all accommodations to be in Euros. In application on SBH, however, something of a convention has developed in which villas, generally speaking, have rental rates posted in $$$. Hotels, on the other hand, conform to the law. I believe the difference arises from the fact that the villa rental market developed -- perhaps even started -- with a primarily American clientele . . . while the hotel market (the Normandie being among the island's earliest hotels) pre-dates the rise of rental villas & initially developed with French tourism. I also have been told that enforcement of the law is more focused on hotels . . . not sure why.

and as I mentioned before, there is pressure for the villas to be priced in euros as well, but we'll see if that takes hold or not?