Rock and Roll HOF nominees

MIke R

Senior Insider
Green Day????....Nine Inch Nails ????...really ????

on the other hand - Lou Reed and NWA were bang on

iI dont agree with that..its simply splintered off into many other directions but it all has R&R as its root influence...and of course the blues which preceded them all

I agree, Andy, but those artist are making some of today's best music. Most of it was written and first performed in the 60's and 70's, but it's proven to be timeless. And they're selling out every venue they appear in.

Phil

keep in mind Phil and Andy..your parents trashed your music too....

I promised myself as my parents were trashing my music that I would be more open minded then they were and embrace the change when listening to my kids music:cool:..and I find a lot I like..and some I dont...

Listen to CoffeeHouse on Sirius XM to some the creative acoustic covers they are doing. Listen guys, Andy is guy who hated the Beatles and Elvis :)

keep in mind Phil and Andy..your parents trashed your music too....

I promised myself as my parents were trashing my music that I would be more open minded then they were and embrace the change when listening to my kids music:cool:..and I find a lot I like..and some I dont...

My parents seemed to like the Beatles, Stones and Elvis.

the media was calling Rolling Stones music the music of the devil.....I cant think of one adult who liked our music back then....not so much the early 60s as the later 60s when it took on a harder edge.....

you gonna tell me your parents liked Black Sabbath and The Doors..and The Who...and Jimi Hendrix...and Led Zep....and Pink Floyd..and James Brown????

and thought it was good music??

really??

you gonna tell me your parents liked Black Sabbath and The Doors..and The Who...and Jimi Hendrix....and Pink Floyd????

and thought it was good music??

really??

Wait a minute- those people weren't my music by a long shot.