Hot peppers

I have experimented with assorted chilis but Kevin gave me one from a Boston resto that's a keeper....but I actually prefer the kind of pork green chili you get in New Mexico and Colorado over red chili

BILDNER'S CHILI

"Good chili, like chowder, gets better after a couple of days. We sell so much of this chili in our Boston stores it's a wonder Boston isn't famous for chili instead of baked beans. If you prefer, you can make this classic chili with strips of lean beef rather than ground beef."

3 medium onions, chopped into 1/2-inch dice
10 medium cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 pounds lean ground beef
6 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons corn flour (masa harina)
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
3 cans (3 ounces each) mild green chiles drained (or hot if you prefer your chili very spicy)
2 cans (16 ounces each) red kidney beans, drained
1 (1 pound 13 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 cup beef broth
Click here to view: http://www.recipelink.com/msgbrd/board_14/2010/MAY/35189.html

Tomorrow.......

Nachos loaded with shredded BBQ chicken and stuff
18 pound turkey
big honking pork roast with a maple chipotle basting
scalloped potato casserole with mucho bacon and cheddar cheese and onions
No veggies ...it's not about eating healthy that day

1/4 keg of Sams Winter Brew
Jaegermeister for shots

wine not allowed

I will have a house full of football and basketball coaches and ski instructor bums

there wont be a crumb or drop left

fun times

Nice soup, Mike.

Oh, I'm sure your soup is delicious. I like the green chili, also. At Fiesta's in Edwards they call it New Mexican Green Chili.

I reduce it to the point where it's the furthest thing from soup......:cool:

Fiestas in Silverthorne also had awesome green pork chili.....as did kickapoos in keystone

Mostly i like to prefer red chilli instead of green chilli in my soups. Believe me it is not change the taste of soup. Taste remains delicious as it is.