Amazing sunset

MIke R

Senior Insider
Went for a ride on a friends sailboat.....there are no words to describe how magnificent this sunset was

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 75
Went for a ride on a friends sailboat.....there are no words to describe how magnificent this sunset was

...even by P'town sunset standards, that one is amazing ... looks like the wind was better for fishing than sailing but your friend's Istar is one sweet boat with a nice story ...

istar.jpg

... and she is not plastic ...

Yep ....I've known Stormy for a long long time and both his sons were kids in school when I was asst principal here.....they are my neighbors out here in the mooring field..Wendi interned for him in college when he was Coastal Studies director and after they did all their geeky science work for the day often he would take all the interns to his backyard where the boat was being built and put them all on work detail

T3....changing may neighborhood today....just purchased a mooring over in the west end next to the coast guard pier and directly in front of the house I used to own and foolishly sold

Much further in shore in calmer water.....yes it's very nice over there away from all the hub bub.....blowing like stink now ...hopin the wind dies enough to get over there later today...I ll post pics

I'll be there this weekend, hope to see the same sunset ;)

given the forecast I would say the next three are going to be beautiful ....drive on out to Herring Cove to see it.....I d invite you on the boat but I m blowing out of here tomorrow at noon .....I came down just to tuna fish and it's too rough offshore so we aren't going

thanks Mike! Plan is to rent bikes and hit the bike trail... Herring Cove sounds good for watching the sunset, forecast looks good!

Mike: Congrats on the mooring - we left our nearby (short) seasonal mooring earlier this week ... I try not to think about my lost P'town real estate opportunities ...

George: As Mike says, Herring Cove should be visited for a sunset ... if, after that, you want to try to replicate his view from the other night, 2 schooners (Hindu and Bay Lady) may still be running sunset trips:

hindu.jpgbaylady.jpg

Unfortunately tonight's sunset lacked a few clouds down on the horizon to get the light bending into purples and oranges and the air is also pretty dry..... so it was pretty ho hum.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 33