EDGE OF ETERNITY by Ken Follett

amyb

Senior Insider
OK---hold my calls. The long awaited 1000 page plus book has arrived. I may finish this third book of the THE CENTURY TRILOGY by Thanksgiving.

On my mark, get set, GO!!!

The first two were great. I too have downloaded but am reading A Colder War by Charles Cumming which is excellent. Follett is next! Who remembers The Eye of the Needle? Highly recommended!

I became a fan with Paper Money-and have read all since then. Only missed his first, MODIGLIANI SCANDAL

I have it on my Kindle and will probably start it when we are on a trip. Am looking forward to it! But the hardcover pile from the Library takes precedence.

Finished-ahead of my target date too. Unless I was so engrossed I missed Halloween and the approach of Thanksgiving.

What a good read. i enjoyed each character's journey through the century. I enjoyed the historical references , many of which I remembered as current events way back when.

At times the writing seemed rushed and not as well written as other parts. However, keep in mind that it always kept my interest.

NOTE-perfect e book as it weighs an awful lot.

I just finished it as well. The name Edge of Eternity described it well as it is eternal in reading- 1098 pages! The stories were fun about each family and how they intertwined- the Berlin Wall and the assassinations of MLK, RFK and JFK. What a turbulent time.

I too enjoyed the entertaining of history with the characters. This book couldn't have been written when all the kennedys were alive. I am now on to the lbj series.