Labor Day traditions, part 2

jayhawkgirl

SBH Insider
Well, it's not exactly a tradition, but my husband took me to the Southern Ground concert in Hershey, PA, for my birthday. Jimmy Buffett was the headliner on Saturday, and Zac Brown Band headlined on Sunday.
Both were really good. Opening acts for JB were JJ Grey and Mofro (who were great) and Alan Jackson ( whom I enjoyed a lot more than I thought I might since I'm not a true country fan).
Zac Brown Band threw in a twist in their encore which was really interesting (costumes). Great time!

Hershey does a nice job with these outdoor concerts. That's a long way from home. Where did you stay??

Two of my favorite acts. Glad you had a happy birthday fest.

Happy belated birthday btw.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!
We stayed at the Hotel Hershey, which worked out great because we could walk to and from the hotel for the concerts.
The hotel was very nice, but way too many kids not properly supervised by their parents.

Love Zac. We were at that those shows as well. Had a great time with a big group of friends. For Zac we were in the Pit.
Our friends that stayed at one hotel were warned up front that there was to be no public drinking in the hotel. I had to laugh because this couple is very low key and dress nicely. Meanwhile the hotel had a ton of kids running around and screaming, unsupervised of course.

It was a fun weekend, humid on Sunday, but fun. Glad you had a great time.