Rosemary is in PTown

MIke R

Senior Insider
For an art class .......had a wonderful dinner at NorEast Beer Garden with her ....oysters ...fish tacos and assorted craft beers finished off with a sipping tequila that very much surprised her as to how good it was......

tomorrow she is going to take a ride with us and experience the insanity of Swim for Life where we ceremoniously dump 70 swimmers at a time into cold shark infested waters to swim the mile and a quarter from Long Pt to the harbor beach .......I keep suggesting re naming the event Swim For YOUR Life due to the presence of great whites these days, but the idea hasn't been widely accepted ......yet

developing

It was a fun and funny evening with Mike tonight...Wellfleet Oysters and fish tacos were delicious, and it was nice to be with a very well liked local at a busy and special spot. (Oh yes. They know his name.) The Swim For Life is dear to my heart and I am excited about a boat ride, though I don't think I will swim/be bait. :)

You have made a good decision, Little Grasshopper. Take pictures and help the captain.

sounds like a cool event. I would definitely do the swim if I were there. Hey, whats life without a little adventure/danger?

I swear You can't make this stuff up ...,, we come out of the inner harbor with 50 nervous swimmers who are asking questions about GW sharks ..... And all we see are dorsal fins .... Lots and lots of dorsal fins.... After a second of frozen terror everyone realized it was ....,.dolphins !!!!!!

image.jpg

looks like a lot of brave souls, sharks or not, the chill of the water is challenging enough I would imagine...

... water was probably the warmest it has been - I would guess mid to upper 60's ... toasty in a wetsuit ... main challenge yesterday was a breeze gusting to the mid to upper 20's producing a chop that pushed a bit off course and making it a little difficult to sight your goal and time your breaths to take in only air ... for many, the main "new experience" of this swim across the harbor is being in 60+ ft of water within 20 yards - the bottom quickly disappears and stays gone until the final 300 or so yards of the approx. 1.25 mile swim ... taken together going straight was a major goal for 400 or so in Provincetown yesterday ...

The camaraderie was infectious even before the dolphin sightings. Captain Mike delighted the swimmers with a loop around the dolphins to prolong our view of them... And I got to ride on the bridge on the way back to the dock! Thank you, again Mike! Wonderful morning! T3-sorry to have missed you!

T3....my boats water temp gauge had it at 65

And the funniest thing ?????....the newspaper wants to use my dolphin pics for the paper even going to give me photographic credit....me....the worlds worst photographer with an iPhone.....hilarious....

Timing is everything in life.... One day after the swim for life this photo was taken of a GWS with a seal in his mouth at Provincetown

image.jpg