moab, utah

tim

We're headed out that way as I type on this A/A flight to our stopover in Dallas. Never having been out to this area in the summer, please fill us in on what there is to do and see?

Merci,

Tim

I'm in the sky heading to DFW myself. I have a full guidebook on Dallas, but nothing on Moab. The name alone reminds me of Herman Melville.

That would be Captain Ahab and his quest for the whale, Moby Dick--often confused with Moab.

So nice to know that you both will be on Texas soil at some point today. :)

Sorry, Tim, I have nothing of value to add. :sleeping:

Stop by the Admiral's Club on Concource C to say hello. We'll be here until about 4:00 Dallas time.

Done Moab many times when I lived in Colorado as it was only a few hours drive away

be be sure to do Devils Garden ...Corona Arch and Fischer Towers

three truly amazing rock formations....Moab is such a cool place .....enjoy

Moab Brewery and Miguel's Baja Grill to eat

Thanks, Mike. We'll map them out for a visit. I'm also going to try to sneak away for a bike ride if I can work out a rental.

Visited the Arches National Park yesterday, and my wife took hundreds of photos. Everywhere one goes around Moab provides spectacular scenery! Road and mountain biking available on many trails in the area.

Moab has among the best mountain biking on the planet because of slickrock - that grippy (not slick) undulating rock that allows you to hold on steep terrain almost like a terrain park. Some of the trails are pretty technical so be careful. Breathtaking scenery. You can ride for hundreds of miles in the region.

Spectacular scenery everywhere one looks in and around Moab. My biking buddy was a road biker, so I rented a road bike to ride with him on the paved trails. Here are a couple of beauties that we took while driving through Arches National Park -

P1000287.jpg

P1000385.jpg

Actually, we're back in Virginia trying to organize a couple of hundred photos on this dreary, but much needed, rainy day:up:

P.S. to Amy - your Lumix takes great photos.:)

P.S. to Mike - I think that the teetering rock is called simply, "Balancing Rock," but I could be mistaken.

Nice photos Tim.....definately have to make it there in the future, since our son works near Orem, Utah half the year!