New hotel in Flamand

JEK

Senior Insider
And new chef at Eden Rock, but JGV still has his name on the menus.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-22 at 7.04.06 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-22 at 7.04.06 AM.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 714
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-22 at 7.08.20 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-22 at 7.08.20 AM.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 700
yes, the locals have known about this for months, just hope it will get rid of all the trash dumping across the road from the new hotel.

Chef_Eric_Desbordes_114_Romeo_Balancourt.jpg

(heads-up, Missy)

ERIC DESBORDES
Head Chef at Le 114 Faubourg
If Le 114 Faubourg was designed to be a garden of delights, it needs a gardener worthy of thisname to be able to extract its flavours and turn it into a veritable Garden of Eden.
This challenge, or rather this task, has been entrusted to Eric Desbordes. This young Parisianbegan cooking at the age of 13. This vocation quickly opened the doors of some of the biggestculinary houses to him, carrying out his apprenticeship at the Hôtel George-V and at JoëlRobuchon’s Studio. In January 2006, the young chef came into the limelight for the first timewhen he became Head Chef at Pershing Hall Hotel, six months after having served as sous-chef.His appointment at the helm of Hôtel Le Bristol’s new restaurant rewarded his considerabletalent, which can no longer be described as merely promising.
Under the guidance of Eric Frechon, the luxury hotel’s Chef des Cuisines, Eric Desbordes sharesthe three-Michelin-starred hotel’s passion for excellence, which is enhanced by a boundlesscreativity and a wonderful desire to keep things simple.
Like his illustrious mentor, the open, athletically built chef practices only one religion: that ofdedication to the end product, and nothing but the end product. He loves to respect the fresh,the seasonal and the authentic in his work, but is not afraid to detract from these sacredqualities by enjoying mixing them with dishes from elsewhere.

It is here at Le 114 Faubourg that he is able to express his passion, in a restaurant which standsout thanks to its menu, which includes fresh and seasonal vegetables as its main feature, andwhere for the first time the customer can choose between different methods of cooking. Le 114Faubourg offers cooking to order for the most refined of palates.
Media Enquiries:
Hôtel Le Bristol Paris
Mélanie Hubert / Communications Manager
+ 33 1 53 43 43 34 -

I don't see a chef with that background being happy producing JGV's menu, rather than creating his own. Time will tell.

Same here Amy.

After our last visit to the Sand Bar, we crossed it and ER off of the list of "must dine" locations. Hopefully some new blood will freshen up the menu and make me go back!

Sound like part of the hotel will be built there -- parking and laundry.

yes I have heard that also jek, but will that stop the trash dump? they are now putting it in front of the fence posts in the road.

I am really tingling with anticipation. Have enjoyed Sand Bar and I am looking forward to adding TOP OF THE ROCK back to our dining destination list.

I don't see a chef with that background being happy producing JGV's menu, rather than creating his own. Time will tell.

Interesting point. Desbordes comes from another Oetker property The Bristol, so it's an intracompany move for them. I wonder with the sort of connections Oetker has if the J-GV thingy is really necessary???

J GV may have a contract that has not quite expired yet. Just a thought.

This thread has moved from Flamand to St Jean quite rapidly!

New Hotel in Flamand

Is the hotel right next to Bai Des Anges. Has construction started? Translation of article?
Thanks

The headline of the article states that a permit has been granted, but there is no start date mentioned.

Rough translation:
46 rooms, 4 or 5-star (to be determined by the Collectivité). Venezuelan developer of luxury hotel properties, Guillermo Pardo. The Colectivité hopes that the property will bring more South American visitors to SBH. The property is 8000 sq. meters [roughly 86,000 sq. ft., just under 2 acres], located along the road that leads to Hôtel Baie des Anges. Builders permit issued August 14. A permit had been granted to SCI Bucefalus [development compnay?] on June 5 for the construction of a laundry and parking area on the other side of the road. There was majority approval, with the exception of Benoit Chauvin.

We ate at Le 114 Faubourg during our visit to Paris last year and it was very good. I look forward to the new chef's arrival at ER!