Villa Coral

Loridenny

Has anyone stayed at Villa Coral? Very reasonable, looks ok, not fancy.

I did see a couple of very short reviews on the forum - just looking for a little more to sway me!

We stayed in villa coral last march (hubby and me) and were very happy with it. Yes, it is on the small side but the pool space and view more than make up for the small inside living space. For us a wonderful view is a priority and this villa didn't disappoint us. We had many beautiful sunsets and enjoyed watching the surfers down on Lorient Beach. It's also very private another plus for us. We would certainly return. If you're looking for a sweet and simple one bedroom and reasonable in price, Villa Coral fits the bill

Its tough to get...we tried to rent it for February as it was showing available. Alas, it was not to be, rented for the entire month.

I stayed in Coral a week in April 2014.... Nice place, nice pool. Villa is AC inside, living area and bedroom. Kitchen is small, as well as small bathroom, but great for one or two that don't need a big villa anyway. The pool and deck seem private, but there is a villa right up from Coral, I mean, nearly over looking the pool. I think it is the owners home. Not that they would , but if they look over their railing, they look down on the Coral's pool..... I never saw anyone around but they were home ..

I would rent it again.

The deck and villa get full on sun from around noon until the sunsets. Pool area is very hot unless you get a breeze.

Martin . . . you pose a great opening here -- ". . . Kitchen is small, as well as small bathroom, but great for one or two that don't need a big villa anyway . . .."

Question . . . what do "one or two" want? As an owner with great occupancy at our Villa & Hotel, I ask the question because I've never been able to figure out what it is that "people" want.

In this regard, as close as I've been able to figure out the issue, the "want" is a matter that is largely defined by age group -- that is, I see the requirements of guests being primarily determined in terms of three age groups: under 30, early 30s to late 50s / early 60s, and early 60s & above. It's a very interesting socio-economic study . . . most notable, probably, in the last category -- guests who could buy / sell the Hotel or Villa with a signature that could be a "rounding error" in their accounting.

The experience as a villa / hotel owner on SBH has been extraordinary . . . a time that never will be forgotten by Wendy and me, in ways that are memorably positive (occasionally negative -- positive being the overwhelmingly operative value). Negative experiences, nonetheless, being fodder for great (even amusing) stories . . . a la the Herman Wouk / Jimmy Buffett story, "Don't Stop the Carnival!"

Completing the story, however . . . I'm interested to know who -- in the category of one or two people -- needs a big villa? And what is a "big" villa?

LOVE your villa, Andy . . . as we've discussed, I stayed there for 20 years! I think that I've also told you that the owner -- such a lovely lady from Paris -- would move out of the villa and go nearby to stay with her brother when I would come each year in August. It was such a special time . . . with my small French vocabulary, and the equally modest English spoken by our landlady and her brother & sister-in-law . . . I would be invited to their poolside one night each week for "cocktails." We enjoyed a drink (they knew I liked, and offered to me, vodka, and they drank Manhattans!) and affectionate exchanges of appreciation were graciously extended for the courtesy that existed amongst us. Many smiles . . . a few laughs . . . some meaningful exchanges about losses in the prior year. It was the sort of experience that I continue to find -- and treasure -- with many guests . . . which makes being a host a happy experience (even if it means dealing, from time to time,with overflowing toilets!). Let's have cocktails at your villa in January!