From St Barth

I registered -- some cool stuff!

Screen Shot 2014-08-02 at 10.27.56 AM.jpg

I just ordered some Vanilla Rum and a mug. Hope it's legit!!! I'll know in 3 to 5 weeks……..

those tiles are sold by the artist in her studio in Gustavia.... she also has a large selection of items with her St Barts artistic touch....

Starting to advertise.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 6.33.10 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 6.33.10 AM.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2,013
We have not ordered but plan to. Those that have ordered, please let the rest of us know about your experience on receiving the goods- how long, condition etc. Thanks.

I ordered online on Saturday 8/2 in the afternoon. I received an email this morning saying my order was being processed. When I click the links provided they don't work. The site tells me they don't have my order I think. The message is in French but it won't bring up my order. Never mind - I finally found it. The site says in process.

I am still waiting on my order to be actually shipped from the sorting office. I received a shipping tracking number from FromSaintBarth and have been logging in to La Poste weekly. It still says the same thing it did the day they took it to the post office. Its at the sorting facility. I ordered rum directly from La Gloriette last year. I never received it and they said I wasn't the only one. I'm wondering if someone at the post office either on St Barth or the next stop is confiscating my orders of rum. I had high hopes that I would actually receive this order. I have emailed FromSaintBarth to see if they can follow up on it. We'll see…….

The rum may be running afoul of the Post Office and/or Customs. Here are a couple of snippets from the CBP webpage:

[h=3][/h]How do I import alcohol for my personal use?
Shipping alcoholic beverages by mail is prohibited by U.S. postal laws. The importer must be 21 to bring alcoholic beverages into the United States.
Please be aware that
State ABC laws
govern how much alcohol a person may import into their state without a license and those laws are enforced by CBP. You must check with the state ABC board where your shipment will enter the country to determine their limits.

You can find the referenced page at https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/de...ements-for-importing-alcohol-for-personal-use

Most are shipped as "books" :)

Speaking of books -- I once shipped 6 boxes of photo books to Marius by standard USPS. They all went to France first and then arrived on the island from 4 to 12 weeks later. Slow boat.

. . . I mailed six bottles of La Gloriette rhum from Gustavia on May 14, 2013 (registered & insured) . . . they were received in California on December 14.