July 24, 2014, Dinner at Cote Port

phil62

Senior Insider
At COTE PORT having dinner last night we were seated next to the the boats docked in the harbor-the breezes were gentle and delightful

The delicious snails were prepared in garlic and parsley and served upon "wood bread" toasts
1-P1010180.JPG

The terrine of foie gras was served with a sweet pineapple marmalade and toasted bread slices
2-P1010181.JPG

The roasted duck breast in a sweet/salty sauce came with a bowl of mashed potatoes and a mini salad
3-P1010182.JPG

The medium rare Bavette, with fine sliced fried onions, frites, and a mini salad was tender and delicious
5-P1010184.JPG

Attachments

• 3-P1010182.JPG
    3-P1010182.JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 613
Sorry, this post came out a bit jumbled.

Address questions and complaints to Amy-not Phil's fault.

Yummy looking--every picture!! Great job Amy and Phil; we are all enjoying your time on the island right along with you!

We too love Cote Port and compared to other places it is reasonably priced. The various preparations of steak tartare they offer are all very good.

It's been a while since I did a restaurant review and because of Amy & Phil the honour goes to Côté Port. According to a publication on a popular "St. Barts Restaurants Guides & Ratings" site [wink], Côté Port is the newest restaurant by Hervé, of Le Rivage fame. Côté Port is located on the west side of Gustavia Harbor on the Rue Jeanne d'Arc.

On Saturday, August 30th, 2014, I was the dinner guest of Normandie hotelier, Dennis Carlton. Côté Port offered Dennis and I the perfect opportunity to catch up on both our busy business lives. The atmosphere at Côté Port was great and we sat on the waterside right next to all the boats docked at the pier. There were some children running around on the dock and playing in the water, which was a bit distracting because we kept glancing at them to make sure none were falling into the water.

Like I said, the atmosphere was great and the waiters were quick on their feet and ready to serve. You will have to ask Dennis for their names because I was too busy enjoying the white wine they served to pay attention. There was lively chatter from the other patrons and you could clearly see everyone was enjoying themselves. The lively chatter may also have been a result of the music that was a bit on the loud side.

My entree was my all time favorite starter meal: the beef carpaccio, garnished with parmesan shavings, and the choice for the main course went to the glazed duck with mashed potatoes. I see Amy has a picture published here above. According to Dennis, this was Amy's recommendation as well.

For dessert, I missed my molten chocolate cake. Côté Port obviously lost points there in my book. I had to make do with 'Churros' with hot chocolate sauce.

Dinner was topped off with vanilla rhum and a cup of expresso coffee.

Thanks to Dennis, I had an enjoyable evening and I look forward to the next dinner meeting. Who knows..... maybe in Jacksonville, Florida. Else, St. Barths will do just fine. :eagerness:

Sounds like a lovely way for you two fellas to while away a few hours. I can only imagine that riveting conversation! I've been blessed to be on the listening end of some of Dennis's stories and riveted, I was!

Yes, Dennis' stories are always enjoyable and we had a lot to catch up on. So we had some good laughter as well.
We also had lunch on Sunday with Albert of La Gloriette's fame. Albert is also closing the restaurant for the slow season. Sunday night was the last night to get La Gloriette's famous pizza's. I am going to miss the cool eastwind breeze blowing in over the lagoon. :)