July 22, 2014, Lobster Night at La Plage

phil62

Senior Insider
After the fashion show at IdF we headed to La Plage with Ellen and Rosemond and Henry and Carole for the Tuesday night lobster event. It was a beautiful night for dining on the deck at the beach.

4-P1010122.jpg

Among us we got to sample 3 different starter offerings. The best was the lobster nems, crispy spring rolls, served with a mild chili sauce for dipping.
The lobster bisque was a hit.
The lobster vol au vant-tiny diced Parisienne vegetables, mushrooms, and lobster in a creamy sauce all in a fresh made puff pastry. This little pot pie was very tasty.
1-2014-07-231.jpg

The most popular main course was the surf and turf served with frites, out of this world frites, and vegetables.
2-P1010120.jpg

The thin sliced cold lobster Bellevue salad with home made mayonnaise and a mild wasabi sauce.
3-P1010121.jpg

A dessert treat of a trio of sorbets-we voted the strawberry the best, the mango and the coconut coriander didn't stand a chance!
5-P1010124.jpg

I did that last summer with my daughter, and loved it as well. No better setting than directly on the beach !!!! Try and keep having fun now :wink2:

That all looks so good!!! I think this is offered all year, Andy. Can't wait to get there---- in the meantime , you all are doing an excellent job :up:

Just to confirm- every Tuesday night is lobster night at Le Plage all year long? If so, we will make our reservations long in advance!

HOP-Chop, It is the current promotion. No guarantee it will be forever. Book it, you can always cancel later.