July 20, 2014, Lunch at Sand Bar

phil62

Senior Insider
Sand Bar is one of our favorite lunch places, and yesterday's perfect weather only served to enhance the experience. The place was packed, as was St Jean Beach.

3-DSCN0722.JPG

I thoroughly enjoyed the Ricotta filled Ravioli in a light Marinara sauce with roasted cherry Tomatoes and Basil. A generous sprinkling of grated Parmesan completed the dish.

1-P1010073.JPG

And I opted for the Oeufs Benedictine-Eggs Benedict,two medium poached eggs served upon lightly toasted English muffins, the sliced ham, and topped with a Hollandaise sauce with tiny diced chives. The perfect brunch was accompanied with a mescalin salad and delicious roasted fingerling potatoes.

Attachments

• 2-P1010074.JPG
    2-P1010074.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 811
The summer "season" seems to be going very well . . . best in a number of years.

Amy / Phil . . . what's your observation regarding demographics of the visitor population at this tiime?

I think there ate a lot of South Americans as well as Europeans, and possibly fewer from the US.

Phil

I'm also a devotee of their lobster salad but I stand by my choice. The ravioli was excellent; very light and tasty.

Phil

Good to see more international tourists on the island, gives it more of a real foreign vacation. So Phil reading between the lines, the beach scenery must have been very good.

The Eggs Benedict may be enough to get me out of Taïwana on Sunday, and back into Sand Bar. I can always do Taïwana on Monday...

phew......

Kevin, you have a point.
For a few days there...i thought perhaps you 2 were on a "fast"....there were no food pics or reviews...i was worried! Glad to see the pen is still being used...bon appetit!

We believe Jean Georges 'oversees' from afar both On the Rocks as well as the Sandbar? We echo the comments above- both the ravioli and the Eggs Benedict look divine! What can be better than your feet in the sand, a wonderful view on a good weather day, a good glass of wine, great food with your favorite friends and family! C'est la vie!