Rest In Peace Jame Garner

JEK

Senior Insider
Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 10.29.21 AM.jpg

A man of many talents, he was remembered at today's Formula One race in Germany. He was an enthusiastic supporter and a friend to many in auto racing. A class act!

Neat guy but he will always be Bret Maverick to me. Without looking it up, does anyone remember who Bart Maverick was? How about Beau- rather famous guy.

My wife posted her story about him today on FB. Thought it was cute and he sounds like a good guy:

"One night when I was 15 years old and my parents were out of town, I "borrowed" my mom's car - a manual - with the intention of going to a friend's party. Lousy with a clutch, I stalled the car going over a speed bump in a very posh area up the street, and it rolled backwards into the front hedge of an enormous house. I was stuck. Out from the front gates walks the owner of the house who seemed highly amused at my crap driving efforts and helped me get the car out of the hedge. That man was James Garner. I have been in love with him ever since. RIP."

Amy and Fred-they were great together...I read a funny interview with La Hartley, in which she was visiting the Rockford Files set. A blockbuster explosion was to be filmed, and they waited all day for it to be set up. When the explosion finally occurred, Mr. Rockford threw himself on top of her to protect her from the blast, which she had waited all day to see. Sounds a bit like Infi's wifes experience...a nice man.