July 13, 2014, Lunch at Taiwana.

Bart,

How many bottles of wine that are presented as Premier Cru on a wine list, but don't have those words on the label, would it take to piss you off?

Kevin,
As you know I'm a fan of good Burgundy, but I don't think the measure of the kitchen should be how the wine is presented. Most people go by the glass. As I remember your experience is quite dated as well. Please correct me if I am wrong on any of this.

I remain, your friend in VC :)

iJEK

iJek,

I look at it as a total experience between the menu and the wine list. If anyone is ordering by-the-glass then they're not ordering Premier Cru wines. If the wine list says Premier Cru then I expect the bottle to show up with those words on the label. As to being "quite dated", would you consider three times over five years, with the most recent being two and a half years ago, to be "quite dated"? Oh, those three times, those were the "bad" times. There were other "good" times before I quit dining there.

I stand corrected on the time-frame and agree with your decision. After all, it is your money and you should spend it where and how you like. With Kate's steady hand of guidance of course :)

Bart,

How many bottles of wine that are presented as Premier Cru on a wine list, but don't have those words on the label, would it take to piss you off?

I never have that problem as I always look for the cheapest rose and pick that one, or if I'm feeling like a real big shot, I pick the second cheapest!

Thanks for your reponse though. I don't recall hearing that complaint about IDF before. That is a bit bizarre.

I never have that problem as I always look for the cheapest rose and pick that one, or if I'm feeling like a real big shot, I pick the second cheapest!

Thanks for your reponse though. I don't recall hearing that complaint about IDF before. That is a bit bizarre.

Ha! That's us, too :cool: And I totally agree---Kevin, I would be pretty ticked off too. Not good....

Eve-----OK, got it! That will be my burger fix.

Just had a wonderful lunch at Tiawana today probably 15 people dining between Resto and beach chair service.

I've been offered the use of a chair on the beach or at the pool multiple times. I can't say if they are universally offered.

you mean a 1000 euros?
This should help. For three courses saves average of 30€/person.

Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 12.22.17 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 12.22.49 PM.jpg

How refreshing, numerous posts about one of our favorite places for lunch and most of the comments were from people who eat there. :)