Jost...

MIke R

Senior Insider
putting the finishing touches on the April 2015 trip to Jost VanDyke for a week......looking at a beachfront villa, a jeep and a small boat for a ridiculously inexpensive price......nice thing is you can order all your food at a grocery service center in Tortola which will ( FOR FREE ) put it on the ferry the morning of your arrival and for 20 bucks they will then put it in your villa and refrigerate the perishables....and the grocery prices for the most part aren't that bad ( we re bringing much with us as well )....you have to do this trip way in advance as lodging is fairly limited on the island so to get what you want you have to do it early.....

very excited about it all and so are the girls......

Since you probably will fly non stop to STT it would be wise to pack a cooler of frozen goodies for the house...What house are you looking at?

Since you probably will fly non stop to STT it would be wise to pack a cooler of frozen goodies for the house...What house are you looking at?

No need ....meats,dairy,cheeses etc will be delivered from Bobbys Marketplace Tortola to the villa via the morning ferry ...free delivery to Jost and then 20 bucks to have the property manager put it in the villa ... Going with White Bay Seaside Villas

we will bring non perishables like pasta rice coffee sugar herbs spices etc

Sounds great Mike. You'll be hanging out at the Soggy Dollar a lot. Having a boat is great. Quick trips to Sandy Spit or Cane Garden Bay. Nice!

yeah Josh its been a while since I was there.....looking forward to it....long way off though....lots in between

Look forward to hearing about your trip. Jost is going to fit in somewhere in our week stay and look so forward to it.

Well worth the $20 grocery delivery. We did something like that in Mexico one year. Didn't have to go shopping. It worked out perfect!!

yes and Bobbys Marketplace online ordering PDF is 18 pages long...they have everything...

So you made plans 1 year and 3 months from now. Sort of contradicts your no plans edit. Only applies to us.

did you not read my previous post? ....you HAVE to..the lodging is limited....otherwise you get nothing or something you dont want...

and somehow through divine intervention I guess, this was all done without asking strangers in a biog what I should do and when I should do it.....:triumphant:

first of all, to clarify things, of course we plan the nuts and bolts of a trip well in advance..its once we GET there that planing goes out the window and we just go with whatever strikes us at the time....

speaking of which I just got off a Skype call with Martin and he is living large floating around the BVIs in a sailboat right now.....headin to Montserrat tomorrow

Mike that sounds awesome. You know that is on our short list in the near future. We'll have to discuss when we see you. We were looking at White Bay villas or the little inn by Soggy Dollar. Can't wait to check out the bubbly pool. Have you been there?
FYI Mishka is playing in Cambridge on 3/20 I believe and is trying to plan a NH show as well. Clay Cook of ZBB and Levy Lowrie are also playing (together) in NH as well around that time. I read that ZBB is taking abit of time off since he is expecting his 5th child

cool...20th we re in Portland Maine for the weekend....following weekend Boston NorthEnd for the weekend...

we ll talk about Jost when we see each other..I learned a ton

been to jost but not to Bubbly Pools on Jost..

Not sure about that? Sunday is just a huge day on White Bay..Man u are gonna have a blast...Those endless REAL beach bars..

we ll see....and yes I do love real beach bars for sure.....
Martrin is flipping out over Montserrat and says its his" new "island to go to" now and wants me to go there instead of Jost