Wifi Access in Gustavia

There is free Wi-Fi at the airport, Maya's To Go, Le Repaire, I would imagine your villa has it as well...

I understand that several places do have wifi access. I just wanted to know whether there was a telecom hotspot that covered a larger area that I could get access to by say, paying a few bucks for the week. I do have wifi in the villa.

The only wi-fi signal that I've noticed that covers anything other than a single establishment is the Port of Gustavia hotspot. I don't know if it is available to anyone other than to mariners registered with the port.

Add Côté Port to the list of restaurants with free wi-fi for clients.

I personally use a combination of free wi-fi and a 2-week unlimited data plan from Dauphin Telecom. It's cost effective for me, because I've already purchased a SIM from them, which I use on multiple trips each year.

The only wi-fi signal that I've noticed that covers anything other than a single establishment is the Port of Gustavia hotspot. I don't know if it is available to anyone other than to mariners registered with the port.

Add Côté Port to the list of restaurants with free wi-fi for clients.

I personally use a combination of free wi-fi and a 2-week unlimited data plan from Dauphin Telecom. It's cost effective for me, because I've already purchased a SIM from them, which I use on multiple trips each year.

Tough life,:cool: Kev - that is an idea - let me check with port - so St Barth Telecom hotspot is no more - kaput?

I don't recall ever seeing a St Barth Telecom hotspot. It must have come and gone when I wasn't interested in wi-fi. There was a time when I was "dark" on the island, as opposed to the multiple wi-fi and/or GSM devices that I carry now. (Don't ever get behind me at a TSA checkpoint - it may take me awhile to power everything up.)

I'm glad to see this thread! I'll be on the island for a week without wifi where I'm staying ( with a friend in their guest house on St. Jean beach)---and then another 2 weeks with wifi in the villa we've rented. So, I need to find decent wifi for a week---- does anyone know if there's a way to rent an iPhone or get wifi/3G onto my iPhone for just a week? I know there are tons of wifi spots in Gustavia, but not so much on St. Jean that have decent signals.....

....and I do have a SIM from Dauphin, and a cheap phone------ but I would need smart phone stuff.

Only if your iPhone is unlocked. Now, if you have T-Mobile they have free international roaming. Keep your iPhone in Airplane mode (no cellular) and turn on WiFi for connectivity at all the free places.

Kathy, if you go for a little walk down the beach, to the other side.....just past Nikki Beach, I have been able to pick up a free WIFI signal from one of the beach villas there......worth a try. Also, I would imagine Le Piment has it, and I know Kiki e Mo does also.

If you are in need and have AT&T, but a overseas data plan and use cellular instead of WiFi. It will be faster than most the free WiFi.

With Verizon, you need to have a world phone with GSM chip. I'm sure the data plans are similar.