Good to be "home"

rodndonna

SBH Insider
Bonjour all. It really does feel like we are home when we return. Although we don't get to come as often as we would like, like our hero's Phil and Amy, when we arrive it feels like we never left. We truly love this wonderful island. Best thing about this trip so far. Our girls, 8 and 10 are starting to realize how special this place is. They are annoyed we can't live here. Just a few months ago they were moaning, "Do we have to go to st. Bart's again? Can't we go back to Disney?" Haven't heard one mention about Disney recently. Thank God! In fact, we were actually thinking about another island for next summer's family vacation. The kids are already moaning they don't want to go anywhere else. Fine by me. Another best? The weather! Wow! I cannot remember more amazing weather especially up at our villa in Petit cul de Sac. Constant breezes of 20 to 30 mph. Still no sunrise or sunsets because of clouds but fantastic weather nonetheless. Can't believe I am in a villa with sunrise and partial sunset views and still can't see one. Not so great things so far? Have you ever had to please 7 people for meals and beach plans? Not easy. The best part? No one cares where we eat or what time or what beach we go to. "I don't care." "Whatever." "It doesn't matter." Meanwhile, I am the only one who really doesn't care where we eat and everyone leaves it up to me to decide. Then it's, "Really? You want to go there?" "I don't think I love the menu." "What about that place?"
Aaaarrrggghhh! Aside from that, it's been awesome enjoying family time in paradise. Great! As I am writing about how amazing the weather has been it's pouring. Think I jinxed it. Anyway, aside from L'entracte the first night which is always amazing, meals have been ordinary. Dinner at Bagattelle on Wed. as it seemed every other restaurant was closed. Wasn't bad actually. Just not fantastic Had lunch at Tawaina yesterday. We weren't crazy about the food but loved the atmosphere. I think that place is awesome and the breezes were fantastic. Food should definitely pick up today as we are headed to Sante Fe. Woo hoo! Stopped raining so that's good. Will post again soon. From heaven on earth. Rod n Donna.

Welcome home, y'all! Please pass around hugs to the kiddos from me! I look forward to reading your reports (hopefully, with no or, at least, minimal drama!)