Another lousy paper plate dinner

MIke R

Senior Insider
Went clamming this morning.......yum

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 137
One if my first bosses always judged an Italian resto by the quality of clams in white sauce. Paul Chiapprone.

We visit P-Town next week on the day after our CSA pickup. You may end up with a few unexpected veggies. This week was a little thin, but I'm hoping for better next week. This was what we got:

• 1bu. Chioggia Beets
  • 1 bu. Swiss Chard
  • 1 hd. Green Leaf Lettuce
  • 1 lb. Pickle Cukes
  • 1 bu. Basil
  • 1/2 lb. Romano Beans
  • 1 lb. Wax Beans
  • 1 pt. Blueberries
  • 1 Green Pepper

Bunch. If it was a Bushel I would be dropping them at a food bank (actually, shares that are not picked up go to the food bank every day). I don't know if bu is a standard abbreviation for Bunch, but I know what they mean when they use it.

A bushel is an imperial and US customary unit of dry volume, equivalent in each of these systems to 4 pecks or 8 gallons. It is used for volumes of dry commodities (not liquids), most often in agriculture. It is abbreviated as bsh. or bu.

Bushel I understand. Still not sure if bu is a valid abbreviation for bunch. At this hour, I'll sleep on it. But, again, I knew what the farm meant.

A bushel is an imperial and US customary unit of dry volume, equivalent in each of these systems to 4 pecks or 8 gallons. It is used for volumes of dry commodities (not liquids), most often in agriculture. It is abbreviated as bsh. or bu.
What about a barrel and a heap, and a hug around the neck ???? Sorry--- couldn't resist--my stint as a Hot Box Girl in Guys and Dolls in high school came rushing back to me when I read this! :D