Petit Morne

dlmnc

My wife and I think we are going to try this hotel in July. Does anyone have a recommendation on whether a superior room is sufficient, or should we upgrade to the deluxe? The difference in cost is about $60 per night.

Thanks

We've stayed at Petit Morne several times in order to add a few extra days on the island before moving into our villa.
Have enjoyed each stay. The view is awesome and the staff is sweet and charming. We prefer the superior rooms with the "kitchenette facing the sea" (instead of the hill). We feel that setup gives you more living space and more space to take in the view. Believe those rooms are 9-12. #12 our favorite as it's an end room
We found when the kitchen was located hillside we never used it (except to store food in frig or make coffee) due to mosquitoes and no view but when facing the sea we could enjoy eating at the table with a gentle breeze an awesome view and pretty much bug free. The deco is simple but pleasant. The one time we did stay in the deluxe I found it very windy. I like to watercolor and it was too windy to do that on the balcony table.
maybe someone else who has stayed in the deluxe and report diffently on the wind during their stay. Anyway, Petit Morne is a great value with a million dollar view.

Likewise, we stayed there 1-day at end of our villa adventure in November. We stayed in a deluxe, the view was exceptional and the staff extremely pleasant. Great value, don't tell anyone as the rates my rise due to demand.:rolleyes:

We stayed at Kercliff last May and music BLARED out of there until 6 am. I would have hated to be a guest then. But someone likely had rented the whole thing. Didn't stop until I heard my first rooster.

dlmnc: I would consider upgrading to the New Moon Suite. I've stayed in a few of the rooms at P'Tit Morne including the New Moon Suite and just love the private driveway, the long "veranda" facing the ocean and easy access to the pool.